Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very sticky

Options
  • 10-05-2010 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not getting 503 or 504 messages but the site is at times very slow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm not getting 503 or 504 messages but the site is at times very slow.

No need to report these, we get automated notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah okay as I wasn't getting a message I presumed you were not either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Nah, in addition to our own, detailed, machine-by-machine monitoring we also have two outside systems checking the site. One operated by Digiweb, our hosting company, and one by a completely independent third party who share no infrastructure with us.

If the site gets slow or stops responding, my phone lights up like a Christmas tree.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement