Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A bet to be settled....

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

found this in the personals in the herald today:
    ntlbell wrote:
    searching for a new tag team partner for online trolling and thread ruining.
    must be a Man Utd fan
    must be able to ignore truth and facts
    must have a deep made up knowledge of Liverpool Football Club
    must be able to distort reality in their own mind
    gingers unacceptable

its the end of an era :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

A bet is a bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

It's between CHD and Boggles to agree to an adjustment of the bet (should they wish to do so) and everyone else's opinion of the matter is moot. They didn't risk losing something in the bet so their opinion on the agreement is irrelevant.

If I was CHD, I wouldn't compromise with Boggles. Harsh lessons to be learned here, you make daring bets you're running the risk of gaining lots and losing lots. Maybe he will think twice about making a similar bet in future.

I personally think these bets are silly, more people lose from them than gain from them. Nevertheless, people still like to make these bets and who am I to stop them.

Just my irrelevant 2 cents on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, Boggles can choose to buyout if he wants. Or he could not buyout and swallow the agreed terms. Or he can just welsh. I think the three options can be ranked pretty easily in terms of their credibility...

You post as if everybody cares what you think.

I'm sure Boggles will be really ready to pack it up in here after your well formed "opinions" on the matter.

Pathetic tbh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I don't generally like people welching on bets myself but an internet bet is about as signficant as an internet girlfriend. Unreliable and you can't brag about it to your friends.

Tell that to Real Madrid's sponsor.

If Boggles doesn't follow through on the bet, change his username to Raquel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

:D Some United fans getting emotional. Touching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lolz Chd banned, when and why diid this happen?

Perhaps Boggles could pay off his debt to CHD by tutoring him on how to say what he wants to say without crossing the line and getting himself Banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Osu wrote: »
    You post as if everybody cares what you think.

I'm sure Boggles will be really ready to pack it up in here after your well formed "opinions" on the matter.

Pathetic tbh.

Why did you put opinions in inverted commas? If the post you quoted isn't an opinion, what else could it possibly be? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why did you put opinions in inverted commas? If the post you quoted isn't an opinion, what else could it possibly be? :confused:
    I just remembered the likely reason why you are so passionate in this thread. Wasn't that thread the one that started everything? If so thanks CHD and Boggles, we would never have had IPB without you. :)

Boggles entered into a bet and therefore must follow through. Boggles now has to never post in the soccer forum again. I suggested the charity thing but he didn't agree to it. Boggles has finally gone too far and will suffer the consequences like a man hopefully. I would have no problem with doing the charity thing if it wasn't for his cockiness and being foolishly over confident. I would like to thank Boggles for this opportunity and somebody thank all of Headshots posts for me in the thread, funny guy.

Chelsea Chelsea.

CHD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I call shenanigans on that message from CHD.

Headshot? Funny? Come on now

:pac: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

TBH as has being said previous, a bet is a bet, both parties knew and understood the bet. Being a fellow Chelsea fan, I would hate to see CHD having to walk away but that was the forefit if he lost and Man Utd won the league.

He didnt lose, Chelsea won the league and Boggles has 2 options, where as CHD, seems only had one. Boogles can pay up to charity or walk away.

I wouldnt like to see anybody go but when you make a bet like this IMO you should stick to it and walk away, my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

seems the charity option is off the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Yeah, Boggles can choose to buyout if he wants. Or he could not buyout and swallow the agreed terms. Or he can just welsh. I think the three options can be ranked pretty easily in terms of their credibility...

As long as you're ranking them in the order that you posted them, I agree.

Iago wrote: »
    As long as you're ranking them in the order that you posted them, I agree.

Looks like we'll have to disagree then. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Just a quick little observation ,

Boggles last post was on Sunday and he has not post even in this thread so maybe ,just maybe he is honouring the bet and the last few pages are just unfounded and needless payback..

Maybe.

The Muppet wrote: »
    Perhaps Boggles could pay off his debt to CHD by tutoring him on how to say what he wants to say without crossing the line and getting himself Banned.

OH THAT MUST BE IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Mr Alan wrote: »
    seems the charity option is off the table.

If that's actually the case, then I tihnk that would be bad form indeed. CHD would be depriving a charity of a donation over a petty internet rivalry. That would be childish in the extreme. Again though, all based on the proviso taht the "message from CHD" is real.

Looks like we'll have to disagree then. :(

I get where you're coming from, but getting a worthwhile charity a €100 donation beats an internet presence not posting on a particular forum anymore in my book.

RL > Internet Serious Business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Where is Boggles? If I was on here making any comment on United he'd be all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

As a matter of interest, what age are both of them? They even old enough to gamble?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ush1 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what age are both of them? They even old enough to gamble?:pac:

Boggles is old enough to remember when they invented gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Well this is one of the worst witch hunts of all time. Has anyone else even noticed that Boggles hasn't posted since sunday? I can't believe he'd go back on the terms of a bet like that.

Well this is one of the worst witch hunts of all time.

-drama please

boggles has been here for ages. his join date says 2002 but that was merely the birthing process to what evolved into the Bizarro Alan. over the past 4 or more years he has been the most notorious anti-liverpool man on this forum and for him to make such a bet was a biggie. he attracts his own attention and if he cant deal with that, then he shouldnt attract it :)

i say make him pay some $$$ to a charity and to make it better, make him pay it to the winners charity in the world cup pool so that the charity gets €120 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Isn't posting on behalf of a banned user against the rules of Boards.ie?

• Advertisement

Boggles hasn't the balls to quit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Des wrote: »

I'd say half this thread is against the rules, including this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Boggles shouldn't leave. Simple as.

CHD wouldn't of went through with it.

Infact he's been banned from here for 6 months. Why is he even been discussed. The man has no creditability whatsoever. End of.

Not surprised LuckyLloyd is at the fore of this witch hunt.

Some people seem to take the soccer forum too serious.

And it's funny that the ABU's are calling Boggles biased. Pot, kettle... :rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Des wrote: »

Isn't being a telltale against the rules of life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

5starpool wrote: »
    Isn't being a telltale against the rules of life?

I'm not actually surprised at the people at the head of this witch-hunt at all.

But they could try being a bit more subtle.

FFS, using words like "telltale" and trying to bully someone out of the forum. How childish are you people?

What this bet has to do with Lloyd, or yourself, or anyone else looking to have Boggles removed, is what's baffling me.

Lloyd especially looks pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Osu wrote: »
    Boggles shouldn't leave. Simple as.

CHD wouldn't of went through with it.

Infact he's been banned from here for 6 months. Why is he even been discussed. The man has no creditability whatsoever. End of.

Not surprised LuckyLloyd is at the fore of this witch hunt.

Some people seem to take the soccer forum too serious.

And it's funny that the ABU's are calling Boggles biased. Pot, kettle... :rolleyes:

Wow.

I don't really care either way as I think the whole thing is lolfunny, but the above post is easily the most crazy in this thread of silliness.

This thread has gone beyond running it's course at this stage. The lads made a bet, albeit a fcuking stupid one, and it's up to them to resolve it between themselves.

They will or they won't, and the sun will rise and life will go on one way or the other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement