Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are tools so expensive in Dublin??

• 10-05-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Why are tools so expensive in Dublin, what kind of mark up are these guys making ?

Or is it just a case of the being a lack of irish distributors and them having to pay for delivery fro uk distributors?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I suspect the problem is generic, and not just related to tools. I think for a lot of manufacturers, they appoint a distribution agent in the UK who also has the rights to service the Irish market. Then that distributor appoints a distributor over here. So we end up paying for two tiers of distributor mark up instead of just one. It may also be that the local distributors also have a higher markup than the UK ones in order to make up for lower volumes.

Buy your tools online from the UK, that's what I usually do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

man. sign up to ebay.

I have a van full of Dewalt and not one came from Ireland.

I have saved more than a 3rd buying UK.

Its a rip off.

I worked in the states for years. A simple dewalt drywall screw gun cost me

85 dollars.
    the exact same screw gun in McQullins in caple street
    320 euro.

Unfecking real how they rip us of here.

Just take your money somewhere else

Advertisement