Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nottm Forest v Blackpool - Playoff SF 2nd Leg

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Just got home lads. How has Seamus Coleman played?.

Delighted for Blackpool!

Had a stormer in the 1st half.

DJ Campbell taking all the plaudits now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

2-4, Campbell hat-trick, I hope Blackpool go on now and make it all the way to the Prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

If Leicester get through Campbell can not play in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hattrick for the DJ

Fair play to Blackpool, Holloway said the team only know one way to play, sure looks it from this performance.

Should make for some big scorelines if they get to the PL. (not for them though :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What a match :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FFS Forest, I wanted them back up. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Stekelly wrote: »
    Should make for some big scorelines if they get to the PL. (not for them though :) )

I was thinking the same :) another West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fair play to Blackpool. Holloway said they were going to go for it and they certainly have.

Always seems to be the way, the team finishes third seem to be a little deflated, the team who just gets into the playoffs at the last min take their from into the playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Thats what happens when you dont have a recognised left back on the pitch. Perch is a joke. Now they've got a fourth and some of our fabulous supporters are leaving. Blackpool are worthy winners of this contest, i knew from a long way back this game was beyond us, Blackpool look so comfortable on the ball, not our bogey team, they're just better - they put Premiership teams like Hull and Burnley to shame. Finally, Tyson after 85 mins of nothing is hauled off. Well done Blackpool. I hope they win it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

what a game fair play to blackpool would like them to go up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus a bit early for trying to hide in the corner. Unescessary too seeing as they are 3 up.

grenache wrote: »
    Thats what happens when you dont have a recognised left back on the pitch. Perch is a joke. Now they've got a fourth and some of our fabulous supporters are leaving. Blackpool are worthy winners of this contest, i knew from a long way back this game was beyond us, Blackpool look so comfortable on the ball, not our bogey team, they're just better - they put Premiership teams like Hull and Burnley to shame. Finally, Tyson after 85 mins of nothing is hauled off. Well done Blackpool. I hope they win it now.

magnanimous in defeat as usual, fair play!

This is Yeovil 2005 all over again. They build up your hopes just to knock you down again :(

This is Yeovil 2005 all over again. They build up your hopes just to knock you down again :(

I think if ye play like ye have this season ye will be automatically promoted next season

• Advertisement

Blackpool get crowds of 7000-8000.

Can't remember a club of that size ever being in the Premier League

thats cause there has been none, Oldhams capacity was just over 13k and they were close on full all the time

Blackpool's capacity is 12,555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Me neither, i think Swindon had averages of about 14,000 when they were there, that's all i can remember,

One more match to win for Blackpool to get there, after seeing their performance tonight i hope they get it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yep another dissappointed Forest fan here. My one consolation is I'm not sitting in a disco bar as I was when Sheffield Utd. beat us in the semis and the disco started before the match finished. Oh well fair play Blackpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Charlie Adam really is a new man down there. Unbelievable in all honesty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go'wan Holloway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

M5 wrote: »
    magnanimous in defeat as usual, fair play!

indeed, fair play.

As a Leeds fan i was gunning for Forest - I wanted to see them go straight from League 1 all the way to the Prem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Disappointed for Forest but the better team on the night won.
    Is Bloomfield Road up to Premier League standards? I think one of their stands at the moment is temporary as it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Holloway in the Prem... bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Disappointed for Forest but the better team on the night won.
    Is Bloomfield Road up to Premier League standards? I think one of their stands at the moment is temporary as it is.

I would say the rest of the stadium is pretty much up to scratch, its not all that old.

IIRC they ran out of cash while building and thats why they have the temp stand.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

****ing delighted for Blackpool!!:D

Knew they could do it. Campbell is quality!! Charlie Adam as well is a class act. Great to see Holloway and Coleman doing well.

Half way there now time to finish the job!

Unlucky to Forest they will come back stronger next season. Could even make top 2, the relegated Prem sides are terrible. Unlucky to the many Forest fans on here. Feel for you lot.

I stayed to clap the lads off, i feel its the least they deserve after a great season, i still love ya even if you seem to like breaking my heart. Ian Holloway and a few of his players got a great round of applause from the home fans too. Nice to see that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Very disappointed for Forest, ive been watching them all season and they've played arguably the best football in the Championship. Delighted for Ian Holloway though, i would love to see him in the Premiership :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Blackpool to be the first relegated next seson then. :( Still they'll make a fortune for the trouble. Pity is Ian Holloway will get sacked in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Holloway is a legend.

G'wan Blackpool!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Well done to Blackpool; seems they deserved it overall. Would have liked to have seen Forest in the play off final though. Hoping for a Blackpool victory at Wembley now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Fantastic game tonight, one of the games of the season. What a tremendous attitude Blackpool have with their quick passing attacking game, you've got to hand it to Holloway he's done a brilliant job there and he's one of those characters who always makes you smile.

Coleman had a stormer surely he's got to play right back for Ireland soon, he reminds me of Gary Kelly when he was starting out, quick and tenacious and very focused on what he's doing.

mike65 wrote: »
    Blackpool to be the first relegated next seson then. :( Still they'll make a fortune for the trouble. Pity is Ian Holloway will get sacked in December.
    I wouldn't be so quick to right them off. They are a very good side. Taylor-Fletcher, Vaughan and Adam in midfield are quality. They never panicked tonight, even when they were 2-1 down, kept plugging away, keeping the ball, finding their men in space. For me they are good enough to beat either Cardiff and Leicester and with some additions would be good enough to survive in the top tier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Eirebear wrote: »
    IIRC they ran out of cash while building and thats why they have the temp stand.

That is not it. There are a number of terraced houses, they cannot get an access road up that side and the houses will not be demolished any time soon.

I wouldn't be so quick to right them off. They are a very good side. Taylor-Fletcher, Vaughan and Adam in midfield are quality. They never panicked tonight, even when they were 2-1 down, kept plugging away, keeping the ball, finding their men in space. For me they are good enough to beat either Cardiff and Leicester and with some additions would be good enough to survive in the top tier.

Burnley played the same kind of football when they went up and look what happened.

Its all about the money its all about dummy dum dummy dum dum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Burnley played the same kind of football when they went up and look what happened.

They got Brian Laws as manager!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If I was to write this post after 10 mins I would have said Forest were awesome but a few decisions went against them and that was it... game over...

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

God, I hate the playoffs...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Unlucky Forest. Great game. Tremendous performance from Blackpool. Best of luck next year Forest.

Cardiff and Blackpool final would be great viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Mushy wrote: »
    They got Brian Laws as manager!

Burnley would have stayed up had Coyle remained. I've no doubt of that. If you have a footballing philosophy and tactics to go with it, you'll survive in the PL regardless how small the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Kingdom wrote: »
    Burnley would have stayed up had Coyle remained. I've no doubt of that. If you have a footballing philosophy and tactics to go with it, you'll survive in the PL regardless how small the club.

Bit of a moot point but I'd tend to agree. Burnley played some really good stuff under Coyle.

At least Laws will still remain the Championship's longest serving manager. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Absolutely gutted. I thought we were going to smash them after the opening fifteen minutes, A few inches (that offside) killed us in the end. Fair play to Blackpool and good luck to 'em in the final.

Kingdom wrote: »

I agree, I was being sarcastic. Should've popped in the obligatory :pac: to emphasise that.
    Absolutely gutted. I thought we were going to smash them after the opening fifteen minutes, A few inches (that offside) killed us in the end. Fair play to Blackpool and good luck to 'em in the final.

From experience, I can relate to it. However, Forest will be up there next year, they are real contenders and will be able to attract quality players to the club. Won't fancy meeting Forest early next season, and at least you're not bitter about it. Better things lie ahead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mushy wrote: »
    I agree, I was being sarcastic. Should've popped in the obligatory :pac: to emphasise that.

From experience, I can relate to it. However, Forest will be up there next year, they are real contenders and will be able to attract quality players to the club. Won't fancy meeting Forest early next season, and at least you're not bitter about it. Better things lie ahead.
    We've nothing to be bitter about. They were far superior. Onto bigger things :D

We've nothing to be bitter about. They were far superior. Onto bigger things :D

Sorry, us Leeds fans have a knack by now of finding things to be bitter about:D

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Unlucky Forest. Great game. Tremendous performance from Blackpool. Best of luck next year Forest.

Cardiff and Blackpool final would be great viewing.
    The only thing we were unlucky in was the offside decisions - the first half one where Blackstock was clean through (he was onside) and Earnshaw's disallowed goal where he was a yard offside, yet these kind of decisions often go your way.

Other than that, we were thoroughly out-played. In fact, 4-3 was flattering scoreline for us, it doesn't tell the whole story, such was Blackpool's superiority on the night, 4-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Shame there will be no East Midlands derby for the play off final, I think Cardiff will probably win the final but hope Blackpool do for Holloway.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Shame there will be no East Midlands derby for the play off final, I think Cardiff will probably win the final but hope Blackpool do for Holloway.
    I think it will come down to who will settle quickest. It's a massive occasion for both clubs and nerves are going to play a factor.

I think it will come down to who will settle quickest. It's a massive occasion for both clubs and nerves are going to play a factor.
    I'd put my house on Blackpool winning it, the football they played on Tuesday night was of a very high quality, i've not been as impressed by Cardiff.

I'd put my house on Blackpool winning it, the football they played on Tuesday night was of a very high quality, i've not been as impressed by Cardiff.
    That's who I am leaning to as well. If they can play that well again then Cardiff will do well to stop them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement