Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does ANYONE in Ireland know about the ancient biblical Hebrew Studies for LC?!?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm doing Hebrew Studies for LC this year (2010)...
    ...but am finding it difficult, and can get no help at all.

I tried contacting the only Hebrew teacher in Ireland, Judy Charry, from Stratford College (the only jew school in Ireland)... but everyone I spoke to in Stratford college was *unbelievably* unhelpful.

The kind of help I need is regarding identification of the Hebrew tracts in part (a) of each question... That's really it.

Anyone at all who understands the language well enough to be able to identify which bible / mishnah tracts have been examined over the years...

...anyone...?
    (waiting for a reply... but with immense pessimism in my heart...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Try contacting the Milltown Institute. They run courses in biblical hebrew. The lecturer may be able to guide you if you show him/her the past papers.

Show the lecturer the syllabus too from www.education.ie and it will narrow down the list of biblical sections to look at.

Have you seen the chief examiners report for hebrew (2007)? It's pretty useless because there's usually only 1 in the country doing the subject every year but there is a link to a website at the bottom www.sots.ac.uk that has links to other sites

Advertisement