Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible bandwidth cap?

• 11-05-2010 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi folks,

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to give me their thoughts on a question of mine.

Law student here and I am currently doing a paper on Online Regulation in relation to defamation. I have read some stuff on putting a cap on the bandwidth for a website , is it possible to place a limit on a specific webpage? even remotely possible?

I am thinking of a future balance between a person's right to free speech and one's right to a good name when it is a borderline case. I see limiting a page to a certain amount of viewers a day when notified as some sort of balance. Person's speech is still there but you are also restricting the world at large from seeing it and so somewhat reducing the damage to reputation.

Thanks in advance for any of your responses :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

To answer your question, yes its technically possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JimRel

Thats great, thank you Sposs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

/Non mod.

Technically possible but morally objectionable. You have the right to free speech as long as you whisper it in a loud room?

-Funk

Advertisement