Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympus E-420 hand-strap & Viewfinder questions..

• 11-05-2010 2:51am

Hey guys,

Two questions for ya...

Firstly, regarding handstraps; I have a canon 20D and an Olympus E-420. A while ago, I bought a handstrap and it's never left the Canon since. I'd like to get one for the Olmypus E-420, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any handstraps I can use or if there's a way to alter a handstrap for this camera?

The issue is with where the straps connect to on the camera. You'll notice they're on the top at each side on the Canon:

canon_d20.jpg

=

slr_handstrip.jpg

But they're on the front at the sides on the Olympus;

olympus-e420-review.jpg

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried attaching the hand strap to the camera before (the strap that's on the Canon was bought for the Olympus, before i even had the Canon) but I could never get it on properly.

Any ideas?

Also, the second question is, has anyone got any idea if these viewfinders are any good;

1960809_1.jpg

Pic from a website called enjoy your camera, where the product is for sale at €6 (+ €20 shipping :eek: )

Never heard of them before, but I like the look of that product. Anyone used a viewfinder with such an attachment before?

I'm considering picking THIS ONE up, but not sure if I should bother or not?

Cheers guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Canon handstraps need a battery grip or 1 series to give you a bottom anchor point for the end of the hand strap. Eyepiece looks grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Search photojojo.com as they have a DIY hand strap instruction thing. Connecting one end to a lug and the other to the tripod screw at the bottom of the camera.

Hey guys,

Just t oclarify, I actually have a strap on my Canon and it's fine. It's the Olympus I'm having difficulty with (As it has the hooks/clips/whatever they're called on the front of the camera, instead on the sides)

Here's a link showing you how to DIY a strap which will work for the 420

http://forum.photojojo.com/viewtopic.php?pid=29581

Search the photojojo site for a full article

Actually, here

http://content.photojojo.com/diy/diy-camera-hand-strap/

duffarama wrote: »
    Here's a link showing you how to DIY a strap which will work for the 420

http://forum.photojojo.com/viewtopic.php?pid=29581

Search the photojojo site for a full article

I took a look at the site but I couldn't find anything any more relevant than what you posted above.

That strap wouldn't work with the E-420 though. As I say, the clips for the handstrap are at the front of the camera, rather than the side, so the strap would need to be made specifically for cameras with the connector at the front... :confused:

EDIT: These are what I'm talking about;

strap.jpg

• Advertisement

I know exactly what you're talking about, I had an E410. Making your own is the cheapest way to get what you want. Alternatively scour ebay for something that might work

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLR-Camera-Wrist-Strap-Olympus-Evolt-E-420-E-450-/360257370278?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e10338a6

Aye, I'll take a look on el-bayo, but first I think I'll try to construct my own from something, so I can see what way I'll need to adjust a proper strap before buying one.

Cheers for the help with that, man. Sorry if I went round in circles :o

No one's got any experience with those eye cups, then, no? I used one before, much bigger one though, on a video camera and it was great (though I only used it for a couple of seconds). Just wondering if I'm setting myself up for any problems with it or throwing money down the drain with them.

Advertisement