Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband issues this morning?

• 11-05-2010 7:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭

DOwnload is fine, but not getting any upload at all on speedtest.net.
    Generally internet is hanging, pages timing out etc. Anyone else have issues this morning?
    Headin to work soon, so not going to troubleshoot till tonight.
    I would be on the shannon exchange

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Kelly green

Im also with vodafone / perlico and i have no upload and it took me 10 mins to load this page. I dont know what the problem is though.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iquitalready

I'm with Vodafone as well and the speeds this morning are dire. I noticed it was slow around 8:30 - 9:00 this morning and ran a speed test but my stats were about right. It's gotten a lot worse since then and now I can't run a test on any site as they all keep timing out.

This is the second time this has happened since I got switched over to Vodafone from BT in late February. As far as I can remember, my speed didn't return to normal until that evening. I don't ever recall having this issue in my five to six years with BT.

Forgot to mention, but I'm on the Ennis exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublenguy

I have been with Perlico for the last few years and never had issues, the last 3 days its been hanging and timing out, always in the morning and afternoon. Fine at night. Hopefully just a one off as have had no issues up to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Mine is brutal. Rang Vodafone..There are issues all over the country and they are working on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Tried ringing there, they have an automated spiel calling out area codes that they are having issues in, 061 was not mentioned, but about 10 others were.
    Gave up after few mins on phone, couldnt listen to hold music anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kiki

Yes - same here in Dundalk - was taking 6 minutes to load boards.ie main page.
    I rang vodafone to complain - was put on hold for 18 minutes.
    When I got through was told there wa no issue in my area - all ok please try resetting router to factory settings etc. tried that to no avail (as I expected) and then rang back to complain again - this time to hear a message saying there was an issue in my area !
    So seems like I was right first time. Problem has gone away as of 12:10 so now can begin days work ! Annoyed at vodafone service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Mines back now OK

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

I am on 6 Down, 0.01 up (!)

I waited 20mn + 4mn conversation with customer care vodafone

I was asked to reconfigure my modem with new credentials. (I was using Esat BT)

still no internet. I rang again. The issue will be resolved by tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone else had to reconfigure their modem?

I am on 6 Down, 0.01 up (!)

I waited 20mn + 4mn conversation with customer care vodafone

I was asked to reconfigure my modem with new credentials. (I was using Esat BT)

still no internet. I rang again. The issue will be resolved by tonight or tomorrow.

Anyone else had to reconfigure their modem?

Dam, i bet mine will still be bad tonight! What config did they have you change? My modem is ages old netopia 2247 i think, had been an eircom business one, used it at home on esat, now its vodafone.
    Other then login details, cant see what they would need to change on it, as they give the ip settings...ponders...

phill106 wrote: »
    Dam, i bet mine will still be bad tonight! What config did they have you change? My modem is ages old netopia 2247 i think, had been an eircom business one, used it at home on esat, now its vodafone.
    Other then login details, cant see what they would need to change on it, as they give the ip settings...ponders...

they only asked me to change username and pw in the modem configuration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

they only asked me to change username and pw in the modem configuration.

to something generic, or specific to you?

Wonder if it has anything to do with the new NGB malarky that's upcoming...?

Dardania wrote: »
    to something generic, or specific to you?

Wonder if it has anything to do with the new NGB malarky that's upcoming...?

something generic

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭kiki

phill106 wrote: »

I have same router - it wasnt router issue, but I did reset to factory settings and put back in the generic vodafone login /password details. Pain the ass really because I use 192.168.1.1 as gateway/router address, box uses 192.168.1.254 as default - had to change that too and reboot several times. In the end the router reset did not make any difference - was getting 1kbit/sec download yahoo!! Speedtest.net - site wouldnt even come up after 5 minutes.

Broadband came back of its own when I had left PC go go to the shops !

Working, not great speeds though

811231499.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

quite slow in killiney for the past 3 days or so, I think it's a problem nationwide

I'm back

811354530.png

Since I got the internet back I need to go to my modem settings every time to reconnect manually to the internet.

anyone has the same issue? Is it because I use a generic username and password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 buzzthewire

Are you using one of the Old BT Voyager modems? If so, then contact Vodafone and get them to send you one of their modems. There is a known reconnect issue with the Voyagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 MARIA O

HI

IVE BEEN ONTO VODAFONE TWICE TODAY, IVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET SINCE BT CHANGED OVER TO VODAFONE LAST WEEK. THEY NEVER OFFERED A NEW ROUTER.

They won't offer, you have to ask. Or if you have access to any other adsl router it should work.

• Advertisement

HI

THE SECOND GUY I SPOKE TO WENT ON ABOUT UNPLUGGING ALL THE LAND LINE PHONES AROUND THE HOUSE AND PLUGGING THE MODEM INTO THE MAIN PHONE CONNECTION AND SAID TO GET BACK TO HIM AND HE COULD CHECK THE SPEED ON THE LINE. I ASKED IF THE MODEM MIGHT NEED CHANGING HE SAID NO IT WOULDN'T BE THE PROBLEM.

He's talking rubbish. This is a know issue with Voyager modems. I had the same problem and when I switched modems it worked fine. If it worked fine with BT then the line and the house setup is fine. Change the adsl router and your problem will go away.

I have a belkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I'm on Voda with their new router and cant connect this evening. Anyone else having problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

I had a problem about an hour ago, eventually it connected, roll on that uncongested upgrade, BB is pain now.

gb-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Yeah something is messed up. I am having a few problems connecting to certain websites (even by ip). Download speed etc is fine for the ones that are working tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Mine is back ok now

HI

FINALLY VODAFONE HAVE GOT SORTED SINCE THEY CHANGED FROM BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

not me :( I'm down since Saturday afternoon,they told me if its not back by Wednesday ring them back, great service

• Advertisement

SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, THEY WERE HAVING TROUBLE COPING WITH MANY DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE COUNTRY.

Advertisement