Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband issues this morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Here in Cork was down on Saturday evening. Just gave up.

Speed issues and all have been going on since I joined VF on the merge with

Bt last December. See the forum on the site "EVening Speeds"

Airuser

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

After 6 Years with BT Ireland starting with download speeds of 512Kb and ending with 24Mb, I then spent 3 weeks with Vodafone at varying speeds until Saturday afternoon, I am now again using dial up at 1c per minute at I guess 56Kb (Speedtest.net will not load).

you know what , If I didn't download so much "Legal" movies and software,dial up is all I would need.

I do wonder If I spent €40 per month on physical "Legal" Movies and software, I may spend less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

832668123.png

Speed is absolute crap today, so much for 7mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Been trying to upload some photos to photobucket today and realised that my upload speed is non existant. Can't even upload a single photo. Its getting to the stage now that I'll have to switch to someone else soon for my own sanity.

922114262.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Been trying to upload some photos to photobucket today and realised that my upload speed is non existant. Can't even upload a single photo. Its getting to the stage now that I'll have to switch to someone else soon for my own sanity.

922114262.png

Same here yesterday and today. I'm on the 7Mb package. Where are you as a matter of interest? I'm in Trim, Co. Meath - just wondering is it a local thing. My download is grand, getting close to 6Mb/s most of the time, but upload is non-existant as per yours. Had to abandon an FTP upload to work and use my backup 3G stick (which I only have as I don't trust the landline broadband for work).

Rang VF yesterday, guy told me it was down to contention basically, but I think there's more to it. Contention would slow it a bit, and I've seen that on the download speed, but it never makes it completely unusable with timeouts.

My speed stats from just now (actually also got an upload test error it was so bad):
    922632182.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

This is what I've been getting since yesterday morning. I called VF support, the guy said my line doesn't support 7,6mb (even though I had that for the past 3 years!) and he reduced my speed to 6mb and it didn't make any difference(what a surprise!). I've never had problems like this with BT. Only alternative I have is eircom and I don't wanna get their crap 50gb limit. Anyone else having problems with vodafone?

922780915.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Upload seems to be back to normal now, download lower as expected in the evening time. Ping test results are perfect, I was getting D to F on this earlier when the upload was poor.

22584250.png

923068751.png

Would love to know what is causing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Back to normal here too but only this evening.
    I'm in Co. Monaghan so it must be a nationwide problem.

923202368.png

Back to normal here too but only this evening.
    I'm in Co. Monaghan so it must be a nationwide problem.

923202368.png

Damn... I never get ping results like that. Even tho download speed is fine. Always between 100 - 150

VF is back to normal here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

vodafone are just pure ballsed to be honest!!they drive you insane with their crappy service:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 d4cyprus

Hi Anyone having serious issues with their landline and broadband. Ive been cut off from landline for a mth now and they claim there is nothing they can do and to top it the broadband went this morning. Eircom have been out 4 times and say the lines are okay. An IT expert say its an electronic problem with the audio to the phone and Vodafone are doing nothing to help.......Anyone any ideas to help please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

As V'fone have recently announced changes to their T & C's, you have the right under EU regulations to exit your contract with them and suffer NO exit penalties.

If you are still under contract, it may be worthwhile expressing your serious dissatisfaction with the service they're providing and let them know your taking an increasing interest in the packages/plans offered by their competitors.

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/customernotices/?ts=1276776717356

Thnks for your quick reply. The problem is it takes up to 30 days to transfer and vodafone have the best package at present. My contract would be well up which is the only advantage....Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭robust

My broadband has been down since wednesday(15/9/10) i rang vodafone and they are having problems in many different areas.
    The router is fine settings fine, it wont connect to the exchange., and they havent found out whats wrong yet. They said that the hoped it would be sorted soon.(yesterday evening they hoped).
    Still not working this morning .....

mine is back this morning . I just turned off everything last night and turned all back on this morning BUT still have this landline problem.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

As V'fone have recently announced changes to their T & C's, you have the right under EU regulations to exit your contract with them and suffer NO exit penalties.

If you are still under contract, it may be worthwhile expressing your serious dissatisfaction with the service they're providing and let them know your taking an increasing interest in the packages/plans offered by their competitors.

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/customernotices/?ts=1276776717356

I recently got landline BB through Perlico (Vodafone At Home) and have not been overly impressed with it. I'm on 3Mb package and the download is usually 1.2-1.5 Upload on the other hand is CAT never getting as much as .5Mb

If i thought switching to Eircom would improve my speeds any bit I'll change especially as this situation (Loophole) has arisen.

Could Eircom be any quicker ?

957357180.png

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

My Vodafone landline broadband's been down for a full week now! The whole experience with them has me tearing my hair out. It took 5 days for them to even look at my problem, they kept insisting it was part of a general issue. But still no progress and the customer service is plain awful. Calling them Tech Support is an insult to genuine support guys with real tech knowledge. These guys read from a very basic script, and are clueless about issues outside their brief. They also don't seem to have access to real-time information on progress with connection problems. Complete FAIL! I tell you, they won't have George Hook on TV telling me that they care about my problem as much as I do.

Am just gonna cancel my account and switch to UPC. I wouldn't mind, but I found BT to be excellent, but it's been a steady deterioration since the switch.

Rant over....

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭nani17

Slutboy wrote: »
    My Vodafone landline broadband's been down for a full week now! The whole experience with them has me tearing my hair out. It took 5 days for them to even look at my problem, they kept insisting it was part of a general issue. But still no progress and the customer service is plain awful. Calling them Tech Support is an insult to genuine support guys with real tech knowledge. These guys read from a very basic script, and are clueless about issues outside their brief. They also don't seem to have access to real-time information on progress with connection problems. Complete FAIL! I tell you, they won't have George Hook on TV telling me that they care about my problem as much as I do.

Am just gonna cancel my account and switch to UPC. I wouldn't mind, but I found BT to be excellent, but it's been a steady deterioration since the switch.

Rant over....

Totally agree since they switched over everything has become crap I'm also thinking of switching to UPC

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

My Vodafone at home broadband has been down since Friday, the DSL light is on, but no light on the internet, also being told its part of a general problem, very annoying :mad:

Has anyone managed to get back on yet?

• Advertisement

They don't know their arse from their elbow. One minute an engineer is looking at my specific problem, the next it's just part of a general problem. I genuinely believe that 99% of the people I speak to on the phone don't have a damn clue what they're talking about. So it's a lottery, every so often you manage to get someone who can throw you a bone, but the rest of the time it's an exercise in utter frustration.

Was just speaking to Tech Support now. They spewed some vagaries about some people still having a problem and they want me to go through the same old reboot/reset exercise when I get home, and I KNOW it'll be of no use unless someone somewhere, unbeknownst to them, has managed to fix something.

They're a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Slutboy wrote: »
    They don't know their arse from their elbow. One minute an engineer is looking at my specific problem, the next it's just part of a general problem. I genuinely believe that 99% of the people I speak to on the phone don't have a damn clue what they're talking about. So it's a lottery, every so often you manage to get someone who can throw you a bone, but the rest of the time it's an exercise in utter frustration.

Was just speaking to Tech Support now. They spewed some vagaries about some people still having a problem and they want me to go through the same old reboot/reset exercise when I get home, and I KNOW it'll be of no use unless someone somewhere, unbeknownst to them, has managed to fix something.

They're a disgrace.

I'm baffled as to what exactly your expecting exactly here? I'm sure the exercise in talking to the likes of yourself is the exact same for them, users who barely know "they're arse from their elbow", if you know more than them why would you bother to make the effort to call them? Bit strange no? Or am I missing something?

As far as I'm aware, just over 70% of Vodafone Tech support agents are 3rd Level qualified. It all comes back to Eircom end of the day. They have the last say in at least 80% of Broadband queries ATM, every other company is still using their lines, banking on their engineers for any line solutions. Which most of the time take excessive length's to "Sort out" and often under mysterious circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭zoom_cool

This must be a big issue on UTV have a problem as well if you do a ping to any website are you guys lossing packets??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    I'm baffled as to what exactly your expecting exactly here? I'm sure the exercise in talking to the likes of yourself is the exact same for them, users who barely know "they're arse from their elbow", if you know more than them why would you bother to make the effort to call them? Bit strange no? Or am I missing something?

In fairness I know more about my line than most of their staff apparently when I had a problem. We call them because it cannot be fixed from our end. How hard is that to comprehend for you? I told the last rep I spoke to with my problem that he needs to set my line to 6.4 or just under or it will throttle my line. He did as I instructed and what do you know? IT WORKED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭kaahooters

As far as I'm aware, just over 70% of Vodafone Tech support agents are 3rd Level qualified.

3rd level quilified, so an arts degree counts as an it quilifaction now?

you sir, do not infact "know your arse from your elbow".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭robust

Back last night:)......however:(, is still keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.
    At this stage I think ill change provider. Ill wait till upc upgrade my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

vodafone are muck. yes they rent the lines from eircom but like anyone that is a customer you demand what you are paying for and not the ****e vodafone offers us and supposed ****e eircom offers vodafone. at the end of the day my beef is with vodafone as they are my provider and when i have called them previously for support about internet issues such as wireless or router issues they say they do not provide this kind of technical support. in my opinion if the internet is not getting to me it is your problem send out an engineer and if its my laptop bill me for it if its your line/service appologise and offer some sort of compensation. i went for a month solid without internet or phone tried two routers they sent and bought a new phone. nothing worked. then magically the problem was fixed long after i had stopped trying to fix it when i called back to ask what the problem was they still maintained it was something on my end????

Touchy. Previous job as Vodafone Tech Support perhaps ;)?

It's straightforward really. I pay Vodafone, not Eircom, for a service, and they're not providing it. But not only are they not providing it, their customer support is abysmal to boot. Their Tech Support does not stretch beyond reset/reboot, but I call them because I have nobody else to call. Would you suggest I call Eircom instead? I'm sure Vodafone tech's are all nice intelligent people, but a third level qualification is useless unless you receive the correct training and are provided with the appropriate tools to do the job. They have no access to progress updates and I'm sure this contributes to their manner. I'd be defensive and a little sullen too if I was put in their position of having to deal with irate customers without access to update information.

If it's all down to Eircom, when it would appear that Vodafone Tech Support is redundant. All they're doing is fielding calls from frustrated customers, with no prospect of being able to assist. They're actually contributing an extra layer to the problem rather than helping to solve it.

Vodafone knew the environment they were getting into when they took over BT's BB service. Yes, it does appear that they're hamstrung by Eircom's ownership of the infrastructure, but bearing this in mind, they make no effort to ensure that their customers do not suffer because of this virtual hardware monopoly. BT weren't perfect, but their customer service makes a mockery of that provided by Vodafone. Do you think I'll receive an offer of a refund for the 25% of the month I've spent without BB? No sign of one so far. Any company interested in keeping it's customers would immediately put a refund against my account.

I'll end this by saying that Gazz on the Vodafone.ie forum and Paul at @VodafoneIreland on twitter are making the right noises about helping. Still waiting for my BB to come back though, 8 days now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

well said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Ughhh, keeps disconnecting every so often. Total pain.

Advertisement