Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband issues this morning?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I just received an e-mail from Perlico (Vodafone) confirming that:
    In relation to your email below please be advised that you are within your rights to cancel if you are unhappy with the new Terms and Conditions

I've only be with them 3/4 months but have been a bit peeved with the speeds especially the uploads:

963481459.png

Do ye think there's much point looking at Eircom for improvement ? Or is it just the same line/service I'll be getting from them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Mine doesn't look much better :(

963646725.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Folks,

If you post this over on the Vodafone help pages, Darren and Paul will help you out....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

I have also flagged your posts to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I am with U.TV and the last couple of days I have been experiencing very poor latency, upload speed, sometimes download as well. It seems to occur during peak hours but early morning the issue seems to clear up a bit.

I had the same issue last year and as I recall other users from other ISPs experienced it too. I am wondering if its all connected this time?

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi folks, I'm with Eircom and experiencing a very sluggish connection, getting 6+Mb on speedtest but its very slow to load pages.....also I rarely have errors on my line stats but over 48hrs I have more than 2 Million CRC errors and 125,000 HEC errors, can you guys check your stats and see if your error count is sky high? I called Eircom and the lad in India wanted to change my Interleaving level to stabilize my connection......didn't want to know about my line always being stable and said that there was no issues on their side, seems to be a widespread bitstream issue but Eircon are in denial as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Hi folks, I'm with Eircom and experiencing a very sluggish connection, getting 6+Mb on speedtest but its very slow to load pages.....also I rarely have errors on my line stats but over 48hrs I have more than 2 Million CRC errors and 125,000 HEC errors, can you guys check your stats and see if your error count is sky high? I called Eircom and the lad in India wanted to change my Interleaving level to stabilize my connection......didn't want to know about my line always being stable and said that there was no issues on their side, seems to be a widespread bitstream issue but Eircon are in denial as usual.

Do not change your interleaving this will not improve the performance at all (only if you are on a very poor phone line which is error prone is this any use). There is a fault some where on the network. Please keep phoning up and complaining about it... Unless enough people do it they will just keep thinking "its some nutter who doesn't know how to use the internet".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

crawler wrote: »
    Folks,

If you post this over on the Vodafone help pages, Darren and Paul will help you out....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

I have also flagged your posts to them.

Have done this now

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Slutboy wrote: »
    Touchy. Previous job as Vodafone Tech Support perhaps ;)?

I had a brother working for them 2 years back, worked for an outsource company with o2. Same scenario's across the board. The small core for their centre were all grads in some IT qualification. At the end of the day they can only help you with the what they have in front of them and most of the time it means going back over the same old rhetoric as they're extremely limited.

And of course having the Eddie Hobbs generation on their backs doesn't really help matters. Everyone thinks they're entitled to free this and credit back here and there, if they ring up and complain for 5 minutes or so.

And your refund for missing 25% of the month for BB? That's about 7 days? Assuming your on the average package? That's roughly 6.50 back and that's probably being generous I'd say. Are you really that tight up for money to be scrapping over 6.50?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    I had a brother working for them 2 years back, worked for an outsource company with o2. Same scenario's across the board. The small core for their centre were all grads in some IT qualification. At the end of the day they can only help you with the what they have in front of them and most of the time it means going back over the same old rhetoric as they're extremely limited.

And of course having the Eddie Hobbs generation on their backs doesn't really help matters. Everyone thinks they're entitled to free this and credit back here and there, if they ring up and complain for 5 minutes or so.

And your refund for missing 25% of the month for BB? That's about 7 days? Assuming your on the average package? That's roughly 6.50 back and that's probably being generous I'd say. Are you really that tight up for money to be scrapping over 6.50?

What a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

danny004 wrote: »
    What a fool

Excuse me? That the best you could reply with? Or was it your inability to to coherently respond in an appropriate manner. Either or, don't bother to reply unless you actually add to a topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Have the problems with Vodafone BB cleared up at all? I'm looking to switch over from my 1Mb Eircom connection to a 8Mb Connection with Vodafone at the end of the month. Its the best deal availible in my area.

Any advice?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm still having problems with mine.
    Have to say that its not just as bad as it was a month or two ago, but its still dropping the connection completely for hours at a time at random.
    Also connecting but giving zero upload speed sometimes.
    I'm only staying with them cos I transferred over from BT and retained my free UK calls, which isn't available from any other providers at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

Mine was gone for over 2 weeks before it finally came back. I managed to get a 2nd line support guy on the case and he was excellent. He sent me out a dongle with 5gb on it to get me over the hump, and stayed in contact with me, but it still took over a week to get it fixed after that. We tried several things, new routers, Ericom engineer checked the line, checked authentication, and nothing worked. I still don't know what happened to get it fixed in the end and I'm not sure the Vodafone guy does either. But if you have a persistent problem, I'd urge you to contact them on twitter and on the vodafone forum. You need to should loud enough to get past the 1st line tech guys if it's something more than a basic issue.

Good luck.

Advertisement