Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Electricity Provider

Options
  • 11-05-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m considering switching my electricity from ESB to an alternative. To the best of my knowledge the only alternatives are Bord Gais and Airtricity. Before I research their websites (and report back), I’d like to ask around for any useful nuggets of information from people with experience of switching or people with knowledge of the electricity market.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Hi All,

I’m considering switching my electricity from ESB to an alternative. To the best of my knowledge the only alternatives are Bord Gais and Airtricity. Before I research their websites (and report back), I’d like to ask around for any useful nuggets of information from people with experience of switching or people with knowledge of the electricity market.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

I switched to Airtricity a few months back, no problems.
    I'm on Airtricity Budget Plan which equates to roughly a 13% saving.
    I believe you can save up to 14% with Bord Gais if you are already using their gas and you select to go with the Direct Debit option.

Hope that helps

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

The best option for general Energy usage is Airtricity 13% electricity and Flogas 9% gas. Bord Gais may offer a slighthly higher discount for elctricity but the catch is you need to be a gas customer with them to qualify, and the gas can be sourced significantly cheaper elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hed

I have flogas for my gas, bord gais don't supply the estate im in, but i have gone with bord gais for my electricity, getting a 14% discount for going with direct debit and paperless billing!

Advertisement