Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband its really slow this morning? dundalk area?

• 11-05-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Since last night my broadband speed has died. Pages take 10 mins to load and most dont load. Is there some problem with eircom broadband this morning?

its working but very very slowly like the oul days 10 years ago..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Same story here this morning (Dublin north inner city). Seems to be opening up a wee bit now?

edit - maybe not. Only small windows of connectivity now and then. Mail is going into a black hole too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Same story for me both at home last night (north co. Dublin) and now here at work (city centre). I'm using my iPhone to type this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

using my iphone aswell :p

Rang Vodafone they said there is a problem in the entire dundalk area since last night although it worked fine then.

But there is an issue in dundalk exchange no ETA and when it is back as tech support told me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

In blackrock eircom slow too...its strange pages seem to take 5-7 seconds to load up when before it seemed like only 2 seconds...

Im using all linux systems on my end so i dought its virus related...and im using open dns and not eircom dns servers...

A case of eircom being ****e yet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aamurray

Have tested with eircom and vodafone (was BT) landlines in Donabate, North Dublin - speed is awful - what is going on? Even access to this forum takes about 6 minutes!!!

• Advertisement

Just talked to a friend who works over there tis a hardware fault so dont hold your breath could be a while and I work from home so gprs on 3g bb is crap !!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Also having problems, can't establish a connection since yesterday afternoon. Leixlip area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I was having terrible connectivity, but it literally just seems to have improved.

Yep same here back to A Pings and 6.5 MB Down 0.5 MB UP in Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

seems ok now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Bit of an issue affecting one of the main networking systems. Should be back asap I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 45 aamurray

seems to be all sorted now - wonder if the fact that Eircom were upgrading their exchange in Clontarf today (as posted on their website) had anything to do with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hard to say really, a lot of places were hit by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

i live in duleek meath near drogheda and DSL was down yesterday for over a hour not just eircom but vodafone utv etc,..rang around and everyone in the town was having issues odd..my firends where reporting messages been lost through msn messenger random disconnects etc.i use o2 so was not affected i did notice my o2 did slow down alot when eircom went down and after 1 am this morning my o2 bb dropped out for over a hour had signal just nothing would load same story the day before with eircom but my o2 was fine all of that day wat the hell is wrong with broadband in this country ??:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It was shagged again a few minutes back

aamurray wrote: »
    seems to be all sorted now - wonder if the fact that Eircom were upgrading their exchange in Clontarf today (as posted on their website) had anything to do with it?

Clontarf went down on Friday morning for about three hours. I also noticed the terribly slow performance yesterday morning.

Advertisement