Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In search of good video footage of cycling

• 11-05-2010 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭

I am currently setting up a new company Tribe Guru as a new Irish startup aiming to provide turbo training videos for cyclists. We are currently in search of good quality video footage of any form of biking, from track racing to downhill, anything goes. Also, for a background track to peoples indoor suffering, we need music from up and coming bands or djs from any walk of life or genre.

If you think you might have something that is of intrest and want to become the next star of a turbo trainer video, please visit www.tribeguru.com for more information or drop us an email on applications@tribeguru.com.

Cheers

Ollie Castle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If you lent out a bike mountable HD cam (e.g. Contour HD) you could get some of your own footage from races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

ollietrex wrote: »
    I am currently setting up a new company Tribe Guru as a new Irish startup aiming to provide turbo training videos for cyclists. We are currently in search of good quality video footage of any form of biking, from track racing to downhill, anything goes. Also, for a background track to peoples indoor suffering, we need music from up and coming bands or djs from any walk of life or genre.

If you think you might have something that is of intrest and want to become the next star of a turbo trainer video, please visit www.tribeguru.com for more information or drop us an email on applications@tribeguru.com.

Cheers

Ollie Castle

Best of luck with the venture Ollie.

Have you considered recording domestic races with a helmet or handlebar cam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Good idea, I have thought about it and have been looking at head cams but always interested in what other footage people have. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ollietrex wrote: »
    Good idea, I have thought about it and have been looking at head cams

I reckon handlebar mounting would be better. Having a helmet mounted camera swing round all the time could be a bit disconcerting on the turbo. Not sure about stability, although there are software solutions for "de-jiggling" video footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Yeah the GO Pro cameras look pretty good as they can be mounted pretty much any where on the bike. Its just trying to get the quality of footage while the unit not being to big.

• Advertisement
Advertisement