Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else have a Yamaha SuperJet 700?

• 11-05-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I had my first spin on the aforementioned ski yesterday.
    I've ridden a seadoo 800 3 seater, and yamaha wave runner 1300 before, but not much.

However, i felt the superjet was lacking in power a bit, and didnt have the grunt/throttle response I expected.
    I noticed having pulled it out of the water again that there was so much unburnt oil around the exhaust that it was dripping out onto the ground?

Using castrol TTS, mixed at 275ml to 10 litres. 36:1

I've ridden 2-stroke motocross bikes for years, and driven many 2 stroke outboards. I just felt it was missing something.

Any pointers to check?
    It still sounded nice an crisp....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Get the engine checked out completely before using it again. A stroker seizing on land is one thing, braking down on water could be alot more serious. It sounds like the mixture isn't right or she's not sparking correctly and is unable to burn the fuel. Leaking oil into waterways/sea isn't the best thing to be doing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 watson.robin

Ye, i don't want to be dripping 2-stroke into the water either.

Am I right in saying there's no other oil in these bar the 2 stroke?

Ie, there's no reduction gearbox or anything that has a seperate oil system that could be getting sucked into the crank area an then not burnt?

I have a guy who has his own one and is also mechanically very good who said he'll look at it this weekend, so hopefully its something simple, or nothing more than a rich mix.

Mechanically I'm very competent, and have even rebuilt a seadoo 900cc engine from the ground up before, but I just have no basis for comparison on this one bar that seadoo or 1300 waverunner which are both totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

ya still having issues mate

Advertisement