Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Type of Degree

• 11-05-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Hey all, I'm just wondering if any of ye out had trouble getting a job because your degree was a 2.2 for example. Because i'm doing my final year exams and my first two exams have went bad, although i'm still confident of getting a 2.1 degree, there is a possibility of a 2.2 degree.

So I'm just asking anyone out if they have experienced difficulty getting a job with a 2.2 degree, thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I think it really depends on what job you're going for. Some companies, the big corporate ones dont look at ppl without 2.1s, but if you do a masters that supersedes that so you'll still have options.

Most companies look at people as more than just a grade. However, with a lot of graduates without work, employers have their pick of the lot.

So, in answer, it depends what you want to do. But dont fret, just concentrate on finishing college. Panicking just makes everything harder.

• Lots of stories in the UK press this week about 2/3 of employers only accepting 2:1's. So while getting a 2:2 won't mean you'll never get a job, you're cutting down your options considerably, so try not to just think 'ah it's grand'. I wouldn't have gotten into my MA with a 2:2, either. People who say it doesn't matter what class of degree you get are wrong, tbh. A lot of the time, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

[quote=[Deleted User];66798156]Lots of stories in the UK press this week about 2/3 of employers only accepting 2:1's. So while getting a 2:2 won't mean you'll never get a job, you're cutting down your options considerably, so try not to just think 'ah it's grand'. I wouldn't have gotten into my MA with a 2:2, either. People who say it doesn't matter what class of degree you get are wrong, tbh. A lot of the time, it does.[/QUOTE]

Well i got a 2.1 in the end thanks to me scoring an 83 in accounting so happy days
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Advertisement