Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer gardens?

Options
  • 10-05-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for beer gardens in Dublin at the moment?

We were asked to leave the Pav just because we weren't students! We had a bag of cans and everything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Probably a bit late for you but the Shakespeare (Hop House) on Parnell St has a grand big beer garden. They do cheap pitchers of beer too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fitzsimons in temple bar has a nice beer garden, as log as you dont mind bending over and taking one when you walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Tramco in Rathmines has a quality beer garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

cosmic wrote: »
    Probably a bit late for you but the Shakespeare (Hop House) on Parnell St has a grand big beer garden. They do cheap pitchers of beer too :)

Hop House is a great pub. Friendly service, great food and a wide selection of reasonably priced beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Rezident wrote: »

We were asked to leave the Pav just because we weren't students! We had a bag of cans and everything.

the key to the pav is just ask people around you to say you're with them as guests, its fine then. or do what i do, say youre leaving and just sit somewhere else!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Even if you were students they'd ask you to leave with a bag of cans. You have to buy the cans from their bar (or bring in your own cans of the same type - they only sell Bavaria I think) if you want to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Must try this out. I live nearby and I don't really have a local because alot of the pubs are smelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The food there is fantastic, but they have doubled the prices in the past few years. It is now quite expensive, but considerably better than Yo Sushi or any of them chain sushi spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

The Long Stone in Townsend St, or the Porterhouse in Glasnevin.

What about Gravediggers? Sitting on the grass with yer pint. Nothing can beat that. Weather permitting, of course....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Barna77 wrote: »
    The Long Stone in Townsend St, or the Porterhouse in Glasnevin.

What about Gravediggers? Sitting on the grass with yer pint. Nothing can beat that. Weather permitting, of course....

Porterhouse North's beer garden does be freezin..its always in the shade

the hop house sounds good..must check it out.

Gravediggers - worth a visit if you're in the area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Gravediggers - worth a visit if you're in the area

Gravediggers has a beer garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Gravediggers has a beer garden?

you can drink on the green area in front of the pub.. staff apparently will come around and collect your glasses too.

haven't been there in ages though.. I think i'll pay a visit on the june b-holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

you can drink on the green area in front of the pub.. staff apparently will come around and collect your glasses too.

Bit like The Barge at Charlemount Bridge on the Canal so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Porterhouse North's beer garden does be freezin..its always in the shade
    But this is Ireland after all, it's meant to be freezing all the time :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Dicey's on Leeson Street? Best beer garden in Dublin, day and night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

xzanti wrote: »
    Can't believe nobody's mentioned Dicey's on Leeson Street? Best beer garden in Dublin, day and night..

Great beer garden, unfortunately it is in Dicey's. :D

Russells in Ranelagh have a nice first floor balcony/beer garden. Lovely on a summer day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Brady's in Terenure have a great beer garden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

xzanti wrote: »

Dicey's is on Harcourt St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Sergeant wrote: »
    Great beer garden, unfortunately it is in Dicey's. :D

Russells in Ranelagh have a nice first floor balcony/beer garden. Lovely on a summer day.

+1 for Russells, except for when there is rugby on...it can get a bit stoopid. Last week someone threw an iPhone of of the patio and it almost hit a girl walking on the other side of the street.

Sentosa has a nice back garden/patio that is perfect for reading the paper and having coffee in the morning (before moving on to the beer in the afternoon!). It's quite bright, and feels a bit like you're in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 unamused

Tramco in Rathmines has a quality beer garden.

yeah if you want to be surrounded by kids otherwise go to Ma Reillys in Rathmines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

haven't been there in ages though.. I think i'll pay a visit on the june b-holiday weekend.

It's not much of a beer garden, a small green area, no seats or anything.
    It's ok for one I suppose, then the auld back starts to ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'd guess you were asked to leave because you were drinking a bag of cans. You have to drink their drink.

Clear winner of the beergarden competition is the Bernard Shaw in my opinion. Double decker bus serving pizza, pool table, covered area, huge area they use for car boot sales etc, and nice relaxed music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

We have a growing list here - suggestions welcome

Dublin Beer Gardens

And in some, to be honest, the "beer garden" would need a stretch of imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

D TWO on harcourt street has a preety good beer garden and the bbq food there is pretty good to.

Advertisement