Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone help me transfer my emails to another account?

• 11-05-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there,

I've a question, if anyone could please help me?

I have 2 email accounts which I can only access through my Vista Print website, which I'm getting rid of very soon. Since I won't be subscribing to Vista Print anymore, I'll lose all my emails, but I really need to keep for information and reference.
    Does any body know of a way of transferring my emails to my windows account, without forwarding 1000 emails? Or does anyone know if there are any programmes that store emails? I’m not a computer wiz (as you can probably tell) so layman’s terms would be extremely helpful.:confused:

Help help help:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

I haven't used Print so this'll be an educated guess.
    You can use Microsoft Outlook or similar client to connect directly to the on-line mail account you want to copy the mails from. Once the connection is made you simply download all the mails to your PC.

Log in to your Print mail account and see what it has to say about either IMAP or POP3 (these are the way Outlook can talk to online web accounts).

Some stuff here http://www.landscapejuicenetwork.com/forum/topics/configuring-windows-mail?id=2074886%3ATopic%3A71097&page=2#comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

if you have a hotmail account, you can link your print email to it and it'll copy over the emails. alternatively you can download Mozilla Thunderbird,a free alternative to Outlook, set it up to receive mail from the email account and it'll download all the emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tiger Eye

Brilliant.. Thanks a mill.
    Just down loaded that now and have it sorted.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Lots of handy addons available for Thunderbird as well - click on Tools > Addons to see if there's anything there that you'd find useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tiger Eye

Here's another question for you?
    Is there any way now of getting Thunderbird on my I phone? Or a similar programme that will down load my emails?
    Thanks again for your help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a Iphone forum here you can try.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

whiteman19 wrote: »
    if you have a hotmail account, you can link your print email to it and it'll copy over the emails. alternatively you can download Mozilla Thunderbird,a free alternative to Outlook, set it up to receive mail from the email account and it'll download all the emails

I have a lotus email account and wish to transfer all my emails to my personal hotmail account. Any suggestions as Mozilla Thunderbird only seems to work with Outlook

Advertisement