Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

System connection setup

• 11-05-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've just moved into a new house and I have to set up my home entertainment system again. I've moved a few times in the last few months so I'll have to start from scratch again. I have the following items,
    Sony Bravia LCD TV
    Sony Dav X1 G 2.1 Home cinema system
    Sony HDD DVD Recorder
    Free To Air box (i may change to Sky+ soon)

Is there any website where you can input your equipment and it works out the best connection method?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've just moved into a new house and I have to set up my home entertainment system again. I've moved a few times in the last few months so I'll have to start from scratch again. I have the following items,
    Sony Bravia LCD TV
    Sony Dav X1 G 2.1 Home cinema system
    Sony HDD DVD Recorder
    Free To Air box (i may change to Sky+ soon)

Is there any website where you can input your equipment and it works out the best connection method?

Yes, it's called boards.ie;)

Sorry but I don't know of any site that does stuff like that but I'm sure people on here can help. I'll have a swing at it.

I see you're a bit of a Sony fan. No harm of course, they make some great stuff and you get to use one remote for the lot.

I assume that the free to air box is connected to the HDD recorder to record the TV shows?

Does that Sony home cinema system have a reciever? (i.e. are there any sockets at the back labeled HDMI in, SCART in, component in etc where you could plug in your other equipment). If it does then I'd say connect the DVD player, the recorder and the TV box into it.

If it doesn't have enough for all, then I'd say the DVD would be the priority as it tends to make more use of good sound than TV.

If it has none, then you're simply going to have to plug it all into the back of the telly.

Give some more details on connections and it'll be easier to help:)

Advertisement