Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Retro Sligo GAA Jersey

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I don't know if I'd be the biggest fan.
    I've been having a thought recently,wouldn't it be good if the sports shops,say John Kent's,stocked a few of the school jerseys,say the Summerhill one for town anyway. I mentioned this to a few of my friends and they said they'd buy one. Having played for them I'd love to have one,they're nice new ones sponsored by AIB,were very comfortable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Stevedore

Nice for the ruralites, but I wish they would stop trying to foist this foreign activity on the people of the town, football in town pre-dates Markievic Park by 70 years, The Showgrounds is the home of sport in Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I would recommend the retro jerseys above any other. From Donegal myself and the wee lad wears my brothers very old jersey. It must be 20 years old at least and had some mold on it when he found it at home in the shed. Washed a few times and its like new. He has been wearing it for the last 2 years and has gone through 2 Sligo and 1 Donegal since due to poor quality and going out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

Stevedore wrote: »
    Nice for the ruralites, but I wish they would stop trying to foist this foreign activity on the people of the town, football in town pre-dates Markievic Park by 70 years, The Showgrounds is the home of sport in Sligo

I hate the assumption that Sligo is "A Soccer Town". The only "supporters" of soccer in the town are the slobs that watch the premiership on sky sports in the pub.
    The showgrounds also used to be the home to GAA in Sligo until they realised that it was a dive.

Stevedore wrote: »
    Ya and that's why Summerhill reached a Connacht final this year in Gaelic. Cos no one in the town plays it. If you don't have anything positive to contribute why do you bother posting in the thread.
    And I'm from town aswell. And how has people been forcing it on the people of town lately? You'd swear they didn't have teams like St Mary's or St John's both from town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

greetings wrote: »
    Ya and that's why Summerhill reached a Connacht final this year in Gaelic. Cos no one in the town plays it. If you don't have anything positive to contribute why do you bother posting in the thread.
    And I'm from town aswell. And how has people been forcing it on the people of town lately? You'd swear they didn't have teams like St Mary's or St John's both from town.

were anyone on the Summerhill team from Sligo? When I was at school there was barely a fella from the town on the GAA team.

St Johns isnt in the town and St Mary just about is but isnt very "townie" friendly.

Just my experience like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

gipo2 wrote: »
    I hate the assumption that Sligo is "A Soccer Town". The only "supporters" of soccer in the town are the slobs that watch the premiership on sky sports in the pub.

What about Rovers fans?

were anyone on the Summerhill team from Sligo? When I was at school there was barely a fella from the town on the GAA team.

St Johns isnt in the town and St Mary just about is but isnt very "townie" friendly.

Just my experience like.
    Ya I know most of them.
    Although St John's aren't literally situated in town,nearly all the boys from that side of town play for them,i.e anywhere up by the racecourse,cranmore,pearce road even crozon.

And anyone the opposite side of the cathedral play for Mary's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭gipo2

gustavo wrote: »
    What about Rovers fans?

No problem with people who support the local team. But it must be said that most people at Rovers games are now from outside the town and there is also some from leitrim and other counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

gipo2 wrote: »
    No problem with people who support the local team. But it must be said that most people at Rovers games are now from outside the town and there is also some from leitrim and other counties.

Rovers core support is still from the town, actually I think the country crowd has actually decreased with summer football influencing it. Any support from neighbouring counties wont even make it to three figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭fionntan g

Yeah,because summerhill was a boarding school then,go figure :rolleyes:

Advertisement