Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers Question

Options
  • 11-05-2010 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi, recently attended an interview in DIT. Before the conclusion of the interview I was told I was going to be offered a place, to my obvious delight as it was my No.1 choice, but that I wouldn't get an official offer until some time in August.

Since then I have been offered another interview in GMIT, a similar course but not exactly what I wanted. They told me in DIT that if they were to offer me a place in more than one course it would mean somebody else would miss out, is this true? If so I wouldn't bother with doing the GMIT interview as it may not be fair and somebody else.

Also, is it common for people to be offered a place during the interview? I'm just getting a bit nervous that they may forget about me or something like that!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

I think the way it works is that they might offer you the place, but if you don't take it, the next person down the list will get it, so no one loses out. That's why there are 3 rounds of offers and I've heard of people getting a place in Sept or October as people drop out of College or never show up.

I'd definitely go to the GMIT interview as well, it's never a good idea to put all of your eggs in one basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Definitely go to the interview in GMIT. If you decide not to take the place someone else will get it. Don't worry about that. I don't understand why they told you about someone missing out. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Ok cheers for the advice. Ya it seemed a bit of a strange thing to say, regarding the places.

But I really wanted to know is it common to be offered a place during the interview?

Yes, I know of someone who was offered the place at the end of the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

I had an interview in Dundalk (DKIT) on Monday and got a letter today offereing me a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 araic26

How long roughy will we be waiting to get word on whether we got the course or not???:confused::confused::confused:

It depends on the college I would say. I think I got my offer from TCD a week after the interview. :)

UCD didn't interview for the course I applied to there. It was a good wait, sometime in May I think I got an offer from them.

Advertisement