Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Medion 19" LCD TV with Freeview

Options
  • 11-05-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

On Sunday I purchased an Aldi Medion 19" LCD TV with Freeview and when I turned it on he asked me if I wanted to select auto installation which auto tunes all the channels which I did.
    On completion of the auto tuning it had picked up all the UK Freeview channels in the Digital TV mode but then it automatically turned off. I re-powered the TV but the Freeview channels have since disappeared and when I redo an installation and auto tune it does not find the channels again. I spoke to a Medion technical support person and he said that if the TV picked them up the first time then it should do it again, there is no technical reason as they why it powered off and lost the Freeview channels or at least that is what he is saying, I'm a conspiracy theorist !!!

Has anybody else had a similar experience, any thoughts ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

As far as i know, freeview is not available in roi yet, since we havent converted over to digital yet. It may be just a default listing,these tvs are in uk aswell, there might be freeview in ni border if you there but then ud be pickin it up. I presune ur in the roi not near border to therefore i dout you can receive the bbc etc channels, these are available on satilite i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoda81269

I am about 30 miles from the border so I may be picking up NI broadcasts

Advertisement