Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Netbook Warranty Issue and ebuyer

Options
  • 11-05-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone could help me. I bought an acer netbook from ebuyer in June 2009. Its after dying (dont know what the cause is) just few days ago. So I looked up my emails and I to my delight I discovered bought it from ebuyer in june so it was still under 12 month warranty.

Rang up Acer gave the serial number they told me it wasnt under warranty. They said the item was sold in november 2008 so the warranty was out since november 2009. I told them I bought it from ebuyer in june 2009 and had proof of purchase but I was still getting the same answer. Your one was ignorant and unhelpful she said it says here it was bought on november 2008 so the warranty was up.

So what are my rights here, do I contact ebuyer or take the matter further with ACER? Anyone have a similar problem before?

Cheers

rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Consumer Issues.

Your contract is with the seller, so contact Ebuyer first. How do Acer know when it was sold? Did you fill in a warranty card, or register it with them when you bought it? Was that even an option. I'm assuming this was brand new too, and not 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

You have no rights with Acer - the person you bought it from obviously bought it in Nov 2008 from Acer - so it's out of warranty with them.
    Your only option is to ask ebuyer to repair it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Contract is with ebuyer and not Acer. Even if Acer would deal with you I would get ebuyer to repair/replace it under warranty - back in 2004 I went to Acer directly, massive mistake due to their incompetent support. Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Was it sold as new or second-hand?

Advertisement