Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what's the deal with the apartment complex on East Road in East Wall

Options
  • 11-05-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

that has the underground car park has been locked by chains leaving all the cars locked out?

All the cars from it are parking on the East Road and adjoining roads - anyone know why it's been locked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tracy Jacks

Is the apartment block Alexandra Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Is the apartment block Alexandra Place?

Nearly sure that's the name of it alright - couldn't remember it earlier!

Thanks!

Any idea what's going on there?

I used to live there and this is pure speculation but before we moved out we got a notice to say the car park didn't meet fire safety regulations so might explain why it's not being used at the moment!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Yeah they are doing some big works there at the moment, car park should be open next week apparently.. No idea if thats going to happen or not to be honest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Clarkey1904

Alexandra Place, Where do we stand in relation to Broadband and TV?
    From all i'm hearing of Sky conway, they are really bad!:confused: But as far as I know they have rights to the complex!:eek: So we can't install anything else.

Can anybody break down for me what we can do? please.
    and what we can't.

Many thanks.:)

• Advertisement

Sky Conway are the only company offering TV to alot of apartment complexes around there. The basic package was grand, I think you got aboout 16 channels but you don't get Sky 1 (even though they are called Sky Conway!). The channels had a tendency to change every now and then and sometimes you'd come home to have channels missing etc.... Definitely not very reliable. The management company are rubbish in Alexandra Place so you could probably stick your own free to air satellite dish up - I doubt they would notice/care!

Really I dont care for the TV aspect of it, but the broadband is a must! and for my hobbies is need fast connection. Does anybody else in Alexandra place got any other form of broadband??

Thanks again:rolleyes:

We had 02 mobile broadband when we lived there. We could only get a signal if we had the laptop on the coffee table near the balcony doors which was a pain but we had it free through work so can't complain too much!

Sky Conway's broadband package was pretty dire when we lived there but it may have improved since then.

I'm using the Meteor broadband and have the same problems, needing to be near the door:pac:

Also a note: those usb stick broadbands ie: Metoer, O2 etc have a very negative effect on laptop software and drives, it interfers with them causing them to become faulty and not work properly.

Looking at recent mentions of Sky Con, they are still crap.
    Do we have a phone line?? trying to gather information here (Alexandra Place) is not an easy task.:(

Advertisement