Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

divorce

• 11-05-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone tell me is there a way to do your own divorce.I have checked with some of these D.I.Y divorce companies but the problem is it costs around 500 euro to do it this way and i just dont have the money .Is there a way i can do this myself and if so where do i start ? Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you don't have the money contact the legal aid board.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NOIMAGINATION

If you do a quick search on this forum there is a thread detailing this - I remember reading it a few months back - it was quite extensive

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nipper Man

Hi there,
    Yes there is a way to do your own Divorce work that won't cost very much.
    If there has been an agreement between the two parties and no children are involved, then you should get out for less than €100.00.
    Do a search online and download the relevant forms and make sure to register all correspondence to the other party.
    If you are going the Solicitor and Barrister way, be prepared for to pay upwards of €4/6000.00 for the Barrister and the same for the Solicitor.
    Get written price agreements of the expected costs, it won't be cheap.
    Good luck.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

€4 for a barrister sounds OK to me. I can see how 6000 might sound like a lot but it could be 6000 of anything, including dust mites but that's probably just because of the barrister's robes.

Advertisement