Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reason for a second .22lr

Options
  • 11-05-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

this has probably been covered already but i couldnt find a thread that suited, so here goes,,

i have a 520 semi auto .22lr anschutz, problem is it has started to act a b**ch, and is miss firing a lot, was going to get it looked about but the dealer said that parts cant be got for it, so i bought a cz 452 lux,
    i'm waiting on the paper work back so i can collect the new cz,

problem is the anschutz was my father's and i dont really want to give it up, was toying with the thought of having it deactavated, but it's £200 for a gun you cannot use, so i was trying to think of a reason or why i would need two .22lr's but i'm stumped,
    can any of you fine people think of a genuine reason for having both, i also have a centerfire, a aya, sxs and a single barrel shotgun and i'm hoping to buy a beretta 686 trap gun next year, i'm thinking that they will end up telling me that i dont need that many guns

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

In all honesty Yog1, any reason anyone here gives you would be THEIR reason for having one and may not necessarily apply to you. For example i have 2 .22 rifles. One for hunting and field work, the other for benchrest shooting. Each one has a dedicated purpose and during my application the reasons i provided were deemed sufficent to have both.

If asked about your other rifle (Anschutz) you can say you are getting it repaired, but as an old/obsolete model parts are scarce and expensive to obtain. In the interm you are licensing a new rifle in the instance that you cannot repair the older rifle. I really do not know how valid a reason that may be, but there you have it.

I suppose all you can do is submit the application, with the same reason you put on your first application and see if it passes.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

PS - Found this on Anschutz's website. Parts for older models.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Where does it say that you can only have 1 rifle or 1 shotgun of a certain caliber. Up as far as recently I had 3, 12g shotguns, my old one (got when I was 16, my semi for the field and a clay gun.

Ezridax hit it on the head, one for hunting one for target. I have 2 rifles a 22 hornet and a 22 lr. A says someone there different calibers, yes but on my license they are all .220

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

its not that i'm only aloud one of each caliber, it's that i need a valid reason for them both, as you said one for hunting one for target,
    but they might think the cz 452 lux isnt a target gun, the anschutz defent isnt a target gun in my opinion, (its a semi),
    i was advised to forget about the anschutz as i probably wouldnt be using her, it makes sence but it has a certin sentimental value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Go have a talk to your local FAO and explain what your thinking of doing:)

Advertisement