Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Suspended Account

• 11-05-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I woke up this morning with a nice email from microsoft...

It stated the following...

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.

The following content for the gamertag associated with this Windows Live ID was brought to our attention and was determined to have violated the Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Use:

Bio What does Marsellus Wallace look like? Brett: What? Jules: What country are you from? Brett: What? What? Wh - ? Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What? Brett: What? Jules: English mother****er do you speak it? Brett:

Your profile was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because this content is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has deleted the content and issued a temporary suspension.

You have been sent a message in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension. Additionally, the duration of your suspension is subject to change without prior notice by the LIVE Enforcement Team if we discover additional evidence of violations.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service. Your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct in the future may result in, among other things, longer suspension periods or cancellation of your account.

What a load of bollix...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Moved from Call of Duty forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yes its a load of bollox that you violated their TOS of having no vulgar language in your bio.

Just go get your mummy to buy you another account, and tell her from me you shouldnt be allowed to stay up past 10 just so you can watch Pulp Fiction for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

LOL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Jules: English mother****er do you speak it?

What a load of bollix...

Thats where you went wrong , if you make someone sour in a game dont give them any oppertunity to file a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Goat_Boy_jones

Ah well, wish I could find out who it was...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

yup, sounds like you were playing too good and annoyed some ahole, that went through your info trying to find just one small thing they could complain you about. Unlucky man.
    Thing I can never figure out is how some one like yourself gets a suspension when all you have to do is look at the top of the cod table and the first couple of hundred are obviously modders and they never even get a ban.

Very true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.

The following content for the gamertag associated with this Windows Live ID was brought to our attention and was determined to have violated the Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Use:

Bio What does Marsellus Wallace look like? Brett: What? Jules: What country are you from? Brett: What? What? Wh - ? Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What? Brett: What? Jules: English mother****er do you speak it? Brett:

Your profile was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox LIVE users or in the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because this content is in violation, the LIVE Enforcement Team has deleted the content and issued a temporary suspension.

You have been sent a message in the Xbox LIVE Dashboard notifying you when your suspension will end. During this suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will be automatically reinstated at the end of your suspension period.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension. Additionally, the duration of your suspension is subject to change without prior notice by the LIVE Enforcement Team if we discover additional evidence of violations.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service. Your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct in the future may result in, among other things, longer suspension periods or cancellation of your account.

What a load of bollix...
    Is it a perma ban or just a few weeks off?Fukking PC yanks eitherways.

TBH if something like that happened to me I wouldnt buy another xbox and I would make sure every bit of micro$oft software I had was pirated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Is it a perma ban or just a few weeks off?
    your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been temporarily suspended

OP, did you have the full expletive or the self-censored version with asterisks? I guess someone took offence either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

They should really minimise the TOS to a few very important bullet points cause no one ever reads the actual thing like.

To the OP what do you expect you broke the rules and now your paying the price. Its the same as speeding or doing drugs! Take the risk and you might just get caught.

Happened to me when I 1st got the xbox I was suspend for 2 days and since then ive had nothing in my bio :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

OP, did you have the full expletive or the self-censored version with asterisks? I guess someone took offence either way.

It doesnt matter which you have , if your complained , the powers that be will know what fits into the ****** and suspend you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Streaking on the webcam playing UNO again have we.. I've told you over and over again.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Shammy wrote: »
    It doesnt matter which you have , if your complained , the powers that be will know what fits into the ****** and suspend you anyway.
    Actually it does. If that was the case, papers like the Sun wouldn't be allowed to post profanity without placing a parental warning. Did you use asterisks?

Slugs wrote: »
    Actually it does. If that was the case, papers like the Sun wouldn't be allowed to post profanity without placing a parental warning. Did you use asterisks?

No actually it doesnt , this is microsoft not the sun , go read some of the "why am i suspended" threads in the accounts and suspensions page of xbox forums .
    Its a good read it will give you some laughs.

Take this for exampl http://forums.xbox.com/32517071/ShowPost.aspx

Even though its just initials , microsoft perceived it as what they thought it was complained for.

Shammy wrote: »
    No actually it doesnt , this is microsoft not the sun , go read some of the "why am i suspended" threads in the accounts and suspensions page of xbox forums .
    Its a good read it will give you some laughs.

Take this for exampl http://forums.xbox.com/32517071/ShowPost.aspx

Even though its just initials , microsoft perceived it as what they thought it was complained for.
    Yes actually it does. Unfortunately, the legal litigation would take longer and cost more than the actual suspension, so it's not worth pursuing. And aye, I've been there a few times, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

And aye, I've been there a few times, it's hilarious.
    Actually, that forum makes for funny reading sometimes. There are always the legendary ones where a parent logs in and complains that 'Little Jimmy was banned and this is outrageous that such a thing could happen, I'm paying for this service and you have no right to do this', only for the official response to come back "Little Jimmy was showing his 'little jimmy' while playing UNO" or something similar. :pac:

Actually, that forum makes for funny reading sometimes. There are always the legendary ones where a parent logs in and complains that 'Little Jimmy was banned and this is outrageous that such a thing could happen, I'm paying for this service and you have no right to do this', only for the official response to come back "Little Jimmy was showing his 'little jimmy' while playing UNO" or something similar. :pac:
    lulz, what I find hilarious is the mod's excuse. The mod took it to mean BAMF, so the mod has a problem with it. The player isn't insinuating anything. I mean, it could be something as retarded as Beating At My Fingers, and microsoft took it upon themselves to block it. Now that could be sued in court.

Yes actually it does. Unfortunately, the legal litigation would take longer and cost more than the actual suspension, so it's not worth pursuing. And aye, I've been there a few times, it's hilarious.

Then with the example i have given and also if you have been there a few times you will see that if you have f**k it will still get you a suspension.

Sorry, we've a misunderstanding.

I'm not saying they won't get suspended, I'm just saying that them getting suspended is wrong. But at the end of the day, as I've alread said, the litigation would take more money and time to deal with than the actual suspension. That and most people don't have the legal know-how to go about it.

Sorry, we've a misunderstanding.

I'm not saying they won't get suspended, I'm just saying that them getting suspended is wrong. But at the end of the day, as I've alread said, the litigation would take more money and time to deal with than the actual suspension. That and most people don't have the legal know-how to go about it.

Theres a lot of stupid stuff that can get people suspended , its quite ridiculous really, i read that one guy had the name cornholio for 4 years but got suspended recently as someone complained his name and had to change it , for the life of me i cant see whats wrong with that name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

It stated the following....

Your gamertags not Blaaaack is it?
    If so your ma's been posting on the xbox forums about your ban, which seems to be for something other then vulgar language.

b5891.jpg

Best stay away from Uno for a while

Ha ha, no my name tag is "Irish Goatboy"

I'm back on now, I was only supended for a day...

The moral of the story is don't post Quentin Tarantino dialogue in your bio:rolleyes:

A-Trak wrote: »
    Your gamertags not Blaaaack is it?
    If so your ma's been posting on the xbox forums about your ban, which seems to be for something other then vulgar language.

b5891.jpg

Best stay away from Uno for a while

Ha ha i remember reading that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Wow this is the ****ing lamest thing I have ever read, just seeing this would stop me ever buying an Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Dave147 wrote: »
    Wow this is the ****ing lamest thing I have ever read.

You obviously haven't read The DaVinci Code.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cornholing is the american slang for anal sex I believe. Hence the "I have a peepee in my bunghole" line from that idiot cartoon (I have no time for B&B personally).

Quoting a dialogue from Pulp Fiction does seem like a harsh ban but its not permanent and I suspect the OP didnt star out the language, Boards auto stars certain words as a happy medium on this topic.

DeV.

Advertisement