Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father Collins Park C&C

• 11-05-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Dark_Star_by_superflyninja.jpg

Contrast_2_by_superflyninja.jpg

Grit_by_superflyninja.jpg

Dizzy_by_superflyninja.jpg

thankin yoo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

First two are superb, that much so that the last two dont do them any favours. Really good theme and the first is one to hang on the wall. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

thanks mucho :D i kinda like the third,the texture of the wheel versus the smooth lines of the bench, it kinda packed an unexpected punch for me anyhoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I know what you mean but in the series you have posted the first two have some continunity in them and work really well together. The other two work well but only on their own, imo

Borderfox wrote: »
    I know what you mean but in the series you have posted the first two have some continunity in them and work really well together. The other two work well but only on their own, imo

gotcha. I think i may have to add a few more to the initial series... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I think they're all great shots. Especially love the first and second, but I'd agree with Borderfox that the other two don't work as well in that set. The third is really cool though. It's an unusual way of looking at a bike, and unusual is virtually always good in my book :D

Nice one!

• Advertisement

lol thanks boat ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#1 I like best and is almost perfect but if you had to nit pick I could point to the non black bits near the bottom left of the picture.But thats just PC gone completly loopy.

#2 Not my type of thing, very abstract so I can't really comment on it, unless you count this as a comment..

#3 Interesting, you've trimmed a bit much off the main item or didn't capture enough of it to the left.

#4 Not bad but not outstanding either, also the windturbine to the left is distracting, you either needed far more of it or none of it.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

first two class. original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

#1 I like best and is almost perfect but if you had to nit pick I could point to the non black bits near the bottom left of the picture.But thats just PC gone completly loopy.

#2 Not my type of thing, very abstract so I can't really comment on it, unless you count this as a comment..
    :)

Ditto to those. Out of the set no 1 would be a goer for me, looks perfect. I'm not feelign the others though. Maybe a black and white on the 3rd might help it a bit for me but it could be outstanding as is to someone else, such is the beauty of photography;)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

I'm with animalrights here, #1 is stunning i think its perfect and am going out now to have ago at one myself;)

• Advertisement

cheers lads. i looked at the pics on my laptop and you can see detail around the edges of the frame in photo 1. I must fix that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Hi, nice shots, the first two are great, would you mind explaining how you went about getting the look? I saw a video a while ago where a guy had a macro flash with ttl that let him get pure black backgrounds when taking photos of flowers kind of like the first one. I like the third a lot as well, nice textures and shapes.

rowanh wrote: »
    Hi, nice shots, the first two are great, would you mind explaining how you went about getting the look? I saw a video a while ago where a guy had a macro flash with ttl that let him get pure black backgrounds when taking photos of flowers kind of like the first one. I like the third a lot as well, nice textures and shapes.

hehe thanks. For the first one that was taken in broad daylight with nought but my kit lense. The black background was achieved using lightroom...bit of standard tweaking then playing with the exposure,black,recovery sliders...no fancy equipment Im afraid. Though I do want to get some of those close up filter rings....

Advertisement