Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftfield | Belfast + Dublin | June

Options
  • 11-05-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Got an email from Electric Picnic saying that Leftfield will be playing Ulster Hall 2nd June & Tripod on the 3rd. It's being promoted by POD & EP Republic.

Presale on Thursday, General Public Friday.

Belfast - £27
    Dublin - €38.50 - €42.50

Good for those that would like to see them, without going to EP. Can't imagine it being a good thing for ticket sales for EP itself. Unless people really like the Leftfield gigs and want to see them again a few months later, so buy a ticket for EP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I don't think it'll have any effect on ticket sales if I'm honest. What's the capacity of the Picnic, 30k? Tripod's around 1,100, Ulster Hall's around the same. Even if everyone who's at the gig chose it over the Picnic (which is doubtful, considering the presale thing) it's hardly going to make a dent in the attendance.

Anyway, if the Picnic has a poor turnout this year, it'll be more to do with the terrible line-up than Leftfield playing their own shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I don't think it'll have any effect on ticket sales if I'm honest. What's the capacity of the Picnic, 30k? Tripod's around 1,100, Ulster Hall's around the same. Even if everyone who's at the gig chose it over the Picnic (which is doubtful, considering the presale thing) it's hardly going to make a dent in the attendance.

Anyway, if the Picnic has a poor turnout this year, it'll be more to do with the terrible line-up than Leftfield playing their own shows.

Ya, it is 30k capacity. I suppose 2k out of that won't make a huge difference.
    Good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Would love to go to this, anyone know the age limit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Would love to go to this, anyone know the age limit?

Actually just checked, its over 18's only:mad: Does anyone know if they're strict in the Tripod?

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    ... Can't imagine it being a good thing for ticket sales for EP itself. Unless people really like the Leftfield gigs and want to see them again a few months later, so buy a ticket for EP.

Actually thinking about it more, it might be a good thing. People that go will probably end up telling their friends that Leftfield are amazing live and they should go to see them at EP.

I'll wait till EP to see them but I'd say they will be class in a smaller venue.
    Anyone that does go, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

anybody get an email from EP/pod on details of how to get presale ticks for these tomorrow morning? initial mail said details to follow in 2nd mail.

No I haven't got one either. Leaving it late aren't they.

yep. guess somebody is scrambling trying to send emails right now... no need to panic i guess.

anybody have the latest on this? no presale email yet.

is this getting a little bit silly or is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 ruanaidh

Tickets available on Ticketmaster. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180044AAC8193D90?artistid=1042623&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

Just learned about this gig last week: http://www.state.ie/2010/05/news/leftfield-announce-dublin-and-belfast-shows/

Got my tickets as I ain't going to the EP (tickets are way overpriced) Can't wait to see Leftfield though! Saw them 10 years ago in Witnness in Fairyhouse and they were truly amazing!! It's just Neil Barnes on his own though with backing band and vocalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Folks,

Does anyone know what time the band will actually be starting at I am presuming 9:00.

What time does this finish at?

Finally can anyone recommend where would be a good spot to go after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

went to the gig in the Ulster Hall tonight and it was brilliant :) Only minor issues were the vocals were a bit on the low side. Is there any way of finding out who the dj was beforehand? His set was an amazing blend of dub/reggae/funk/dance.

As for the time of gig etc....came on about 9.15 and ended about 10.45.

heading tonight. did the set have plenty of the chilled low tempo tracks or was it full on with all the heavy tunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

says doors are open at 7.30 - anyone know why so early? cannot wait, what a start to the JBH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ruanaidh

Tripod have early start times for some gigs so they can try get everyone out by 11 so that they can charge everyone to get into the niteclub (gig goers and regular punters alike).

I was at the Underworld gig over a year ago in Tripod and they took the stage around 7:45pm. I missed the first 15 mins of the gig as I never thought they'd be on so early.

Doors opened around 7pm that day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Colly77

I read on their Facebook page that Arveene and Misk are playing before and after Leftfield. It doesn't help solve the question of when Leftfield are coming on but it would be strange to shut the club and then open it again with the same DJs?

Advertisement