Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marshmallow Ladyboy Jesus Live

• 11-05-2010 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey folks, we're kicking off a new, hopefully monthly event in Exchange Dublin in Temple Bar this Friday 14th May, doors at 7PM. Price is €5 / €3 concessions, with all profits donated to Exchange Dublin.

ladyboy_small2.jpg

If the events a success we plan to make it a regular home for alternative comedy in Dublin, featuring writers, comedians (but no standup), storytellers and visual humorists from film-makers, to animators and artists. This will be a night of uncensored literary and visual comedy, in an all ages, alcohol free space. You can hop on the Facebook event here. Here’s the bumf…

You are cordially invited to the first ever Marshmallow Ladyboy Jesus night. An evening of dark and mysterious comedy from a variety of Ireland’s most talented writers, comedians and storytellers.

Our first event features comedian’s Shane Langan, and Ronan Grace; Milk and Cookie Stories star storyteller Tom Rowley; journalist and humourist Cian Hallinan; writer and publisher Andrew Booth; and animation from artist Sarah Devereux, as well as several surprise guests.

The event will be presented and curated by writer and comedian Gareth Stack, who’ll be performing material featured in Piranha!, Ladyboy Jesus online magazine, and the unpublished darkly comic novel Jackdaw Fool. Gareth has been described as across between across between Vincent Price and Stewie from family guy.

Expect darkness, hilarity and literary japes. This is not a standup comedy night. There may even be marshmallows.

Our wonderful poster is designed by the very talented Sarah Quigley, and includes assets from radioPooh used with permission.

Hope this is the right place to post this as it's not standup comedy, but I've put it here since the gigs / events forum charter lists that area of the site as not for comedy. If there's any problem please feel free to move this post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Hmmm. I'm just curious, if this is strictly a 'no standup comedy' gig, as to why you're advertising it in the standup comedy section...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Psych_Student

Hey Robbie,
    Possibly it isn't the right place for it, but as I wrote above...
    Hope this is the right place to post this as it's not standup comedy, but I've put it here since the gigs / events forum charter lists that area of the site as not for comedy. If there's any problem please feel free to move this post.
    Neither the main comedy forum nor the events forum seem to be the right spot for this type of event, and I figured it would be most of interest to standup fans looking for something different.

To be honest I hate mentioning events on boards.ie, because there is always some nonsense about violating some written or unwritten rule, or mentioning one of the countless things which may not be discussed on the site. Feel free to delete this post if you like, it's not worth arguing about.

Cheers,
    Gareth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Sounds like an interesting idea for a gig.

Hopefully it won't get lost amid the whiteout blizzard of stand-up comedy posts.

Yeah, my bad... Hadn't read down to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Hmmm. I'm just curious, if this is strictly a 'no standup comedy' gig, as to why you're advertising it in the standup comedy section...

Because there's no pretentious section ... nah, I'm only kidding, they're all right ...

• Advertisement

Because there's no pretentious section ... nah, I'm only kidding, they're all right ...

:D

I think I just felt my 'type' were left out/excluded, like that damn 'no prostitutes' crap my hotels keep trying to pull on me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭squidgey

But your customers could always bring you to another hotel Robbie :)

squidgey wrote: »
    But your customers could always bring you to another hotel Robbie :)

Zing! :D

Advertisement