If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TXSR-608 + Speakers

Options
  • 11-05-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hey John,

My old speaker system has gone from a 5.1 surround to a 4.1 semi surround!! ;) Saw the thread on Onkyo TXSR-608 being in stock, so I think it is time to upgrade!

So I am looking for,
    - Onkyo TXSR-608 (black)
    - 5.1 Speaker set (Monitor Audio perhaps?) that can be upgraded to 7.1 set later
    - 2 Speaker stands for rear speakers
    - Enough wiring/cables for average sized living room
    - Delivery to Cork.

Can ya sort me out? Does it come with the legendary RicherSounds 5 year guarantee?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cherrio wrote: »
    Hey John,

My old speaker system has gone from a 5.1 surround to a 4.1 semi surround!! ;) Saw the thread on Onkyo TXSR-608 being in stock, so I think it is time to upgrade!

So I am looking for,
    - Onkyo TXSR-608 (black)
    - 5.1 Speaker set (Monitor Audio perhaps?) that can be upgraded to 7.1 set later
    - 2 Speaker stands for rear speakers
    - Enough wiring/cables for average sized living room
    - Delivery to Cork.

Can ya sort me out? Does it come with the legendary RicherSounds 5 year guarantee?

Cheers :)

Cherrio,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Yep the Onkyo TXSR608 is a really cracking unit and our Boardie special price of €488.99 is a bit special as well!

If you wanted to add the TXSR608 to a Monitor Audio 5.1 speaker system here are a few options:

Onkyo TXSR608
    Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Speaker system
    Sound Style Z2 Speaker stands
    Total retail should be just over £900 / €1069 - I can do a boardie special at just £789.95 / €929.99.

If you wanted the upgraded Vector system including the Radius 370HD subwoofer as reviewed here by What Hi-Fi we can do that speaker system reduced from £900 to just £599.95 and including the TXSR608 & Stands at a mad £999.95 (ie the TXSR608 & stands are really only costing you £99!!)

If you wanted to go 7.1 straight away I can do an extra 2 Monitor Audio Vector V10 Speakers at just £99.95 / €109.99 extra.

If you wanted to spoil yourself and liked the stunning looks and audio quality of the Radius series here is an idea (reviewed there with the Radius370hd sub):

Monitor Audio Radius 90HD * 2 Pairs
    Monitor Audio Radius 180HD Centre Speaker
    Monitor Audio Radius 360HD Subwoofer
    Monitor Audio Radius Stands * 1 Pair
    Onkyo TXSR608

This system should retail at about £1870 - we can do it on a boardie special at just £1299.95 / €1499 which is better than a Euro for Pound rate!

Hope I have not bombarded you with too many options - give me a shout if any of these grab your fancy and we will do our best to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

If you wanted to spoil yourself and liked the stunning looks and audio quality of the Radius series here is an idea (reviewed there with the Radius370hd sub):

Onkyo TXSR608

This system should retail at about £1870 - we can do it on a boardie special at just £1299.95 / €1499 which is better than a Euro for Pound rate!

Way more than I wanted to spend, but how can I turn a deal like that down? I'll take it!

Living room is average size, perhaps 12' x 12', tv is on 1 corner, so need enough cable to reach the opposite corner. Also, can ya add in a HDMI cable, I think I'm all out.

What is the story with warranties and stuff?

cherrio wrote: »
    Way more than I wanted to spend, but how can I turn a deal like that down? I'll take it!

Living room is average size, perhaps 12' x 12', tv is on 1 corner, so need enough cable to reach the opposite corner. Also, can ya add in a HDMI cable, I think I'm all out.

What is the story with warranties and stuff?

Cherrio,

thanks again for the post - I was away yesterday at the new Pioneer Product launch ( more about that later) so apologies for the delay - I'll do that system as price above PLUS a decent HDMI and 25 mtrs of the Gale Symphony 100 cable at €1529.99.

Just drop me a line with your contact details and we will get that kit on the way to The People's Republic for you!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Alright

Hi John,

I'd be interested in the same deal. Is it still available?

I'm also looking at getting a HD TV and a blu-ray player too.

Thanks!

Alright wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'd be interested in the same deal. Is it still available?

I'm also looking at getting a HD TV and a blu-ray player too.

Thanks!

Yeegggggggghhhhh - Ouch (Sound of Arm being twisted...:D)

Yep no problem - drop me a line / PM with your Contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a call to get you sorted and we can discuss the TV/ BR at the same time.

Thanks again for the opportunity to quote - it's much appreciated!

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Super!

I'll PM you my contact details.

I'd like an Onkyo iPod dock for the system too (UP-A1).

I've only heard of Onkyo recently but their products look
    amazing.

Thanks a million

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Alright.

Thanks for the order today.

As soon as the missing bits come back into stock we will be in touch and then get the delivery arranged for you.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rodny

Cherrio,

Onkyo TXSR608

Hope I have not bombarded you with too many options - give me a shout if any of these grab your fancy and we will do our best to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hello there I am interested in this quote but don't need the stands. Can you quote me for this but with an onkyo blu ray instead of the stands.
    Thanks Rod..

rodny wrote: »
    Hello there I am interested in this quote but don't need the stands. Can you quote me for this but with an onkyo blu ray instead of the stands.
    Thanks Rod..

Onkyo TXSR608 - 7.2 Receiver
    Onkyo BD507 - Blu Ray

We can do it on a boardie special at just £1229.95 / €1479 which again is better than a Euro for Pound rate!

Keep me posted - it's all in stock ready to ship,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Damn this thread, just cost me an arm and a leg but got great value,:D Thanks John
    Really need to steer clear of this forum:(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

good morning John I will take you up on that offer. How do I proceed ?

Hey rodny.

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you drop me a contact number for yourself via PM I can give you a bell to get the ball rolling. :)

Hi Kenny,

Is there any update on the order?

Hey Alright.

Thanks for the order today.

As soon as the missing bits come back into stock we will be in touch and then get the delivery arranged for you.

:D

Good morning Kenny, I have pm'd my number. Just checking that you got it

Hey Guys.

Just a little update. Our Monitor Audio should be arriving on Friday of this week.

Orders and remaining items will be dispatched out also on Friday.

:)

Gentlemen,

The delivered system and the service from Richer Sounds are brilliant!

Originally my plan was to get all the equipment wait until
    we got alcove units built in to house the TV, Receiver, speakers
    and all the other A/V stuff...but that lasted about a second after
    the boxes were delivered.

Everything is all set up and it is class.

First blu-ray discs bought were Band of Brothers and
    BBC Life & Planet Earth. AMAZING...although I'm not sure what
    the neighbours thought of the D-Day landings :)

Thanks again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.