Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Headquarters for Wexford County Council

Options

Comments

Whats happening with the current venue then? Town council moving into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Once the staff, with their free fcking parking are sorted, I'll sleep easy tonight. Lovely building but not suited to it's purpose, It was designed as a place of work

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

very impressive alright.

wonder will it take a slong to complete as the new civic centre and offices in gorey are!!! me thinks they are about a year late to open at the moment? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

I think this new building is a bit ridiculous; I don't think it suits the surrounding area but maybe that is a personal thing, I hope it doesn't dominate the sky line coming in from the Enniscorthy side.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

wreckless wrote: »
    very impressive alright.

wonder will it take a slong to complete as the new civic centre and offices in gorey are!!! me thinks they are about a year late to open at the moment? :confused:

I worked as a site engineer setting out the concrete structure before i fecked off to London. The building was due to be finished July 2009. So it will be worse than the civic centre in Gorey I imagine. The concrete structure was a bitch to set out as the columns and soffits are all fairfaced and also that stupid facade trench shown in the pictures had a about a million fixings cast into the structure that had to be spot on (1-2mm tolerance). Along with this taking time Pierse Contracting as ****e. Second biggest contractors in Ireland but certainly far from the best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement