Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeswax polish?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get beeswax polish? It needs to be the proper gooey stuff in a pot, not furniture spray as it's for leather.
    The only stuff I can seem to spot in town is the generic black boot polish or mr sheen. If anyone's seen any lately can you let me know where?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Mcdonaghs do the beeswax creme and also the sticks of beeswax.

'son of a gun' works a treat for leather furniture aswell.

I've seen a beeswax type polish in tesco aswell but I'd wager the Mcdonaghs type is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

The only McDonaghs I know is the chippy, or is there another?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

You thinking of McCambridges' Sue? Sounds like the kind of thing they would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

http://www.mcdonoghdirect.ie/

Think she's talking about these. McDonogh with an "o" whereas Chippie is with an "a". They used to be in the building on Merchant's Road now occupied by Meadows and Byrne.

Actually they used to own most of Merchant's Road and still own a good chunk of Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The only McDonaghs I know is the chippy, or is there another?

If you're be being smart about the spelling McDonagh vs McDonogh ... it's possibly too subtle for the folks here.

If not ... they're everywhere! But I think that the one referred to is the builders merchants in the Ballybane Industrial Estate (1 on this neighbourhood map - sorry, haven't got around to doing a layout map for the estate yet).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

JustMary wrote: »
    If you're be being smart about the spelling McDonagh vs McDonogh ... it's possibly too subtle for the folks here.

If not ... they're everywhere! But I think that the one referred to is the builders merchants in the Ballybane Industrial Estate (1 on this neighbourhood map - sorry, haven't got around to doing a layout map for the estate yet).

Nope wasn't being smart at all, that's literally the only one I'd heard of! :pac:
    Ballybane's a bit outta the way for polish though :(

I meant the hardware store inBallybane. I forgot it's spelled with an o instead of an 'a'.

Honestly if it's just for leather furniture 'son of a gun' will work just aswell;you'll get it in any motor factors shop and Ive even seen it in Dunnes/Tesco:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

With respect Sue Ellen I don't think Son of A Gun would be good for leather,it's really meant for plastics/vinyl
    (Remind me not to lend you my car :D)
    Meguiars Gold Class or Turtle Wax leather cleaner/conditioner available in motor factors would be fine for leather furniture

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

+1 for Son of a Gun.

Son of a gun can be used on leather; it's listed as one of it's cleaning recommendations. I use it on my own car seats and leather couches and handbags and it works a treat. Cleans up quality cream leather much better than anything else. You could treat the leather afterwards withbeeswax alright I guess if you wanted, but the son of a gun does work very well. Believe me if I felt it was detrimental to my furniture/other leather belongings I certainly wouldn't be using it; paid too much for them to be doing that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement