Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dog Grooming in Cork

Options
  • 11-05-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good dog grooming place in or around the city/east cork?

Looking to get my samoyed pampered!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hey Murf,

Be very careful getting your Samoyed groomed. The first time my Sammy Gunnar was groomed I sent him to a groomers in Cork.. They ended up trimming his coat and clipping his rear end. Sams are NOT supposed to be trimmed or clipped in any way shape or form! I had said this to the groomer at the time and they had assured me they wouldn't and had experience grooming sams but sure they did it anyway!

I groom Gunnar myself now though in fairness I show him so it does save me alot of money to do him myself. I invested in a blaster dryer and a decent comb, undercoat rake, slicker and pin brush along with nice grooming products too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭murf85

Hey Jen,

Thanks for the advice, my only worry while grooming him myself is i wont get that proper samoyed fluffy look back that a groomer would probably achieve easier because of all their products and dryers..

Now even though he is well brushed very regularly, he has been a handful lately to keep clean, was nearly easier to keep him clean during the winter, so pretty anxious to clean him up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I'd say just explain to the groomer exactly what you want. Obviously they didn't listen to jen, but hopefully most groomers will. If they say do you want a "tidy up" then that means trimming or clipping. If you don't want him trimmed then tell them that and hopefully they'll do it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

murf85 wrote: »
    Hey Jen,

Thanks for the advice, my only worry while grooming him myself is i wont get that proper samoyed fluffy look back that a groomer would probably achieve easier because of all their products and dryers..

Now even though he is well brushed very regularly, he has been a handful lately to keep clean, was nearly easier to keep him clean during the winter, so pretty anxious to clean him up!

To be honest that look is all down to the blaster dryer.... It really does poof up their coats so when phoning around ask whether they use drying cabinets or blasters ;)
    I've heard of a place in Glanmire that is supposed to be good called muddy paws though that's from other peoples experience.
    I was chatting to someone in the groomers beside Gilabbey vet clinic in Togher (the vets have the number for them) and they seemed to know what they were on about regarding Samoyeds so they might be a good choice for you as well.

Best of luck and sure if you have any pics I'd love to see them! :)

Advertisement