Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiritual awareness.

• 11-05-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend something suitable for a couple to attend. Myself and my husband would love to do something together. I am very spiritually aware while he struggles with it. He is not interested in anything airy fairy.....as in angels and I reckon it would put him off. We would love to do some kind of a retreat or weekend specifically for couples. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You say your husband is not interested in anything airy fairy, and then say that "we" would love to do some spiritual weekend/retreat together! :) Has he expressed a desire to be more 'spiritually aware', or are you just trying to force it onto him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

Dave, thank you for your comments but to answer your question, we are both spiritually aware. However I may be a little further down my chosen path than he. He does not understand nor would I wish him to the concept of angels. (hence 'airy fairy' to a left brain thinker). This is something we both would like to do but from research I have found it hard to find something which does not include religion or angels. Maybe a course in Law of Attraction or Eckhart Tolles teachings would be suitable.

Some one has mentioned a course in August in Dalkey called 'Breath of Life' but I know nothing about it at all. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hi, there are two groups that I am a member of which meet either weekly or every other week, which discuss different spiritual aspects. The first one is the Buddha Bag www.buddhabag.org, and the other is Conscious Living www.consciouslivingdublin.com - the second one have some spiritual topics discussed, but is not confined to just spiritual topics - for instance last night was more a personal development one based on overcoming fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

MysticalSoul, thanks for that. Would you believe I am a member of both too through fb and have just been on conscious living website. Have also mailed Max. I must keep an eye out for a suitable event. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lofto

Have you ever ckecked out a mindlink workshop? quite interesting!

www.mindlinkfoundation.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 longjohn100

Hi, I'm on the path myself. I do not practice the religon of my upbringing but http://www.catholicireland.net/pages/index.php?nd=9 has a useful list of retreat centres. I've been to a few and found them, well, nearly non-denominational. Nothing was assumed about my beliefs. Happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lofto

sorry, its actually www.mindlinkfoundation.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 Thruthful

anamcarame wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend something suitable for a couple to attend. Myself and my husband would love to do something together. I am very spiritually aware while he struggles with it. He is not interested in anything airy fairy.....as in angels and I reckon it would put him off. We would love to do some kind of a retreat or weekend specifically for couples. Any suggestions?
    Hi I think I have the answer to your questions. I feel you may have to go it alone, for a while anyway. Your husband will follow when he is ready. There is a grest course coming up in February. this is the course to end all courses, believe me I'm not easily impressed but this is the real deal. If you wish to expand your spiritual knowledge then check this out. Dunia Bluem and Piers Ray. Dunia and Piers are both a powerhouse of knowledge. They are willing to share their knowledge with all who want to learn and grow spiritually. You just have to check them out, believe me you will not be disappointed. These are the real deal, no gimmicks, no games, just the truth.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Necro thread bump, so closing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement