Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibrahimovic and Pique - the new Neville/Scholesy

• 11-05-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

So this is a few days old but I haven't seen it discussed on any other threads - what do you think of this pic - is it innocent or has the photographer (a Barca fan) caught something very private at the exact moment?

pique-zlatan-ibrahimovic-barcelona-gay.jpg

Ibra replied the other day to a female reporter who suggested he was gay by saying “Come over to my house and I’ll show you I’m no f****t…. and bring your sister as well.” :rolleyes: For the record Ibra has a wife and Pique a gf, but it is a very interesting pic, there is more than likely some hugely high-profile players out there that are homosexual and will most likely never come out until well after retirement, if ever. So what do ya reckon, anything to see here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

If you didn't know who they were your immediate reaction would be that its a picture of "an intimate moment" between two men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Wheres the gosip forum again? thought this was about Soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

They can go on double dates together.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wonder what car he is driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Is anyone a little bit turned on by that pic? No? Yeah, me neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Hold on a cotton picking minute, you trying to imply that God (Scholes) is gay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Neville and Scholes are gay?

I thought it was clear what they're doing. Pique is just doing Ibra's cuff-links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Hold on a cotton picking minute, you trying to imply that God (Scholes) is gay?

Nah Scholes wasn't into it at all, just Neville. But in the pic there Ibra is holding back a bit just like Scholes, but he's trying to fight his feelings, he's knows it's wrong but it feels so right...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I thought it was clear what they're doing. Pique is just doing Ibra

DUUurrrrrttyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I would say they are just joking around having a laugh, probably ripping the piss out of the media. Its too blatant to be a serious picture.

Its gona be a pisser when Ibrahimovic leaves in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Ibra was asked about this by a female reporter and said "if you think I am gay, come around to my place and bring your sister".

I'm both appalled and amused in equal measures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So what do ya reckon, anything to see here?

No. Who cares? It doesn't affect their ability to play football as much as Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney and John Terry have cheated on their spouses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jaysus, is it last week again??? :D

Ibra, on being asked by a female reporter was he gay, replied "why don't you and your sister come round to my place and see am I gay"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

gimmick wrote: »
    Jaysus, is it last week again??? :D

Ibra, on being asked by a female reporter was he gay, replied "why don't you and your sister come round to my place and see am I gay"!!!

Jayisis, is it two posts ago again? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jaysus, thats what I get for clicking reply, typing, then not clicking submit straight away.

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The plot thickens -

Ibra.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It was discussed in the Barcelona main thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lol at that facebook, he is a member of the "Thierry Henry is a cheat group" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Busquets reaction :D

busquets.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Something must have Piqued Ibrahimovic's interest..... that's right, I went there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

godtabh wrote: »
    Its gona be a pisser when Ibrahimovic leaves in the summer.

im sure these 2 have worked something out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knW7iyiYAsY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Doubt theres anything in it, but even if they are, who cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

gimmick wrote: »
    Jaysus, thats what I get for clicking reply, typing, then not clicking submit straight away.

Touché

The OP actually said that already too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    lol at that facebook, he is a member of the "Thierry Henry is a cheat group" :rolleyes:

It's probably a fake page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

113597.jpg

Good to see the lads are happy.
    Maybe it'll inspire Barca to embrace gay culture with their next shirt like above.
    It's about time football cashed in on the "pink pound":pac:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

At first, we were just friends.
    ronaldo-rooney.jpg

Then we started becoming closer
    RonaldoRooney3_468x601.jpg
    We just looked into each others eyes and knew
    rooney-ronaldo1.jpg
    We couldn't keep it a secret no more
    rooney_ronaldo.jpg

Ah sure it's becoming the norm now in this day and age.

What's the world coming ta coz ya wouldn't have this back in my day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In fairness you would have to be pretty gay to say no to Ronaldo.

Ibra has got more respect from me for this, his answer to the reporter is just of epic proportions.

At first, we were just friends.
    ronaldo-rooney.jpg

Then we started becoming closer
    RonaldoRooney3_468x601.jpg
    We just looked into each others eyes and knew
    rooney-ronaldo1.jpg
    We couldn't keep it a secret no more
    rooney_ronaldo.jpg

Ah sure it's becoming the norm now in this day and age.

What's the world coming ta coz ya wouldn't have this back in my day?
    Grow up like.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

CSF wrote: »
    Grow up like.

I'm bored and just having a laugh. Couldn't give a flying fu ck in reality what footballers or anyone else get up ta apart from playing football so don't pick up me wrong.

Just thought it was a humourish thread and doesn't seem to have anything to do with football so continued along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

rooney_ronaldo.jpg

Faking it doesnt count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Voltwad wrote: »
    No. Who cares? It doesn't affect their ability to play football as much as Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney and John Terry have cheated on their spouses.

Wayne Rooney never cheated on his spouse.

Edit: just to avoid confusion, being 18 and playing away from your girlfriend, is different than being a married, family man and cheating. bit unfair to lump him in with what those two clowns did. Cheating on Cheryl Cole FFS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

davyjose wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney never cheated on his spouse.

Edit: just to avoid confusion, being 18 and playing away from your girlfriend, is different than being a married, family man and cheating. bit unfair to lump him in with what those two clowns did. Cheating on Cheryl Cole FFS!!!

I would disagree, having sex with a prostitute when you are in a relationship is cheating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Have I wandered into PI or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

killwill wrote: »
    I would disagree, having sex with a prostitute when you are in a relationship is cheating.

It wasn't his spouse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

I'm bored and just having a laugh. Couldn't give a flying fu ck in reality what footballers or anyone else get up ta apart from playing football so don't pick up me wrong.

Just thought it was a humourish thread and doesn't seem to have anything to do with football so continued along those lines.

The Rooney/Ronnie pics made me burst out laughing!

For what it's worth, I believe most of the posters on this forum don't have any misgivings about a person's sexuality, ethnicity, sex, creed etc. and the banter about the pics are intended as harmlessly poking fun at the inflated egos and rampant heterosexuality that's synonymous with rich footballers.

It's a bit of light humour and, dare i say it, a bit of gossiping that isn't intended on hurting anyone. Having said that, sending a reporter and tv crew to harass Ibra about a harmess pic is taking things too far.

SM01 wrote: »
    The Rooney/Ronnie pics made me burst out laughing!

For what it's worth, I believe most of the posters on this forum don't have any misgivings about a person's sexuality, ethnicity, sex, creed etc. and the banter about the pics are intended as harmlessly poking fun at the inflated egos and rampant heterosexuality that's synonymous with rich footballers.

It's a bit of light humour and, dare i say it, a bit of gossiping that isn't intended on hurting anyone. Having said that, sending a reporter and tv crew to harass Ibra about a harmess pic is taking things too far.
    All well and good, but what happens on the off chance that there is something to the picture?

The Ibra & Pique one? If they're gay, then that's grand with me and I should think every other right-minded person. In this day and age, a person's sexuality is no big deal. Because they're famous, it will pique (ahem...) interest but only in a light-hearted, gossipy way.

The Ronnie/Rooney one which you commented on though - well they both have reps as hot-blooded heteros so that's just a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think I've ever had the thought to give a thread stars before but this one deffo deserves one star for horrendous.

The picture was clearly taken at just the right/wrong moment and makes it look like something more than it is. Just like the Rooney/Ronaldo pics can be construed like that also if you want to.

SM01 wrote: »
    The Ibra & Pique one? If they're gay, then that's grand with me and I should think every other right-minded person. In this day and age, a person's sexuality is no big deal. Because they're famous, it will pique (ahem...) interest but only in a light-hearted, gossipy way.

The Ronnie/Rooney one which you commented on though - well they both have reps as hot-blooded heteros so that's just a bit of fun.
    A joke about anything, no matter how much stigma attached in my opinion is harmless, as long as it has a punchline. If the punchline is pretty much that they're gay, or that someones handicapped, or that someones a different race, thats a bit different. Can't see anything here other than 'haha they're gay'.

I feel our lines are twisted here. I can't defend anyone else on the forum, I'll leave them speak for themselves. My stance is: I found the Rooney / Ronaldo series of pics v funny. I don't think you did. Fair enough.

Re. Pique & Ibrahimović, Personally speaking, I've no probs with people discussing it or making light-hearted jokes about it. If someone posts something blatantly homophobic and offensive then that's out of order. I don't think that mark has been over-stepped but that's not my call.

Advertisement