If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Room

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi lads,
    Recently purchased Pioneer A/V kit & bluray cinema gear from ye during the clearout.

Planning on making my attic a cinema room & debating whether to go with a HD type projector plus dropdown 100" remote display for 1500/2k or to plunge for a 52" tv (or bigger).

Do ye do any projectors you could recommend or care to make an arguement for a top end tv? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hbxutd

Well the Richer Sounds guys are the best folks to direct your Projector questions to.

Wellll a 52" TV will be smaller...

If you have the space and this is going to be a light controlled dedicated Home Cinema room and not your primary means of watching TV then i'd say go with a projector and screen - that will be great....as much as I'd love to sell you a 52PFL8605H TV for €2499.99:)

If its going to be your primary means of TV watching then give thought to a proper TV - easier to live with on a day to day basis and potentially better image quality - a projector will really show up standard low quality SKY and UPC broadcast when projected onto a 100" screen.

Speak with Kenny or Dave in RS - they'll guide you no worries

Oh when it your Home Cinema room is done, invite us around for a movie and we'll bring the beer....

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hbxutd wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Recently purchased Pioneer A/V kit & bluray cinema gear from ye during the clearout.

Planning on making my attic a cinema room & debating whether to go with a HD type projector plus dropdown 100" remote display for 1500/2k or to plunge for a 52" tv (or bigger).

Do ye do any projectors you could recommend or care to make an arguement for a top end tv? :D

HBX,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

If you want a really large image then of course the way forward is a large screen & projector - this is of course gerat for sports and big movie events - however as I'm sure you are aware quality will be a little compromised for daytime viewing and critical viewing over a decent full HD large screen TV.

On the projector front we have the Optoma HD20 projector at £899.95 and the Infocus IN80 at £1199.95 - however we have also just received the new LG 60PK590 which we can do at £1599 delivered - it really does deliver a cinematic experience for a reasonable(ish) price!

Keep me posted if any of thes e suggestions are interesting and again apologies for the delay getting back to you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

Thanks lads, swayed towards the Lg (if the price can be worked on ;))

Decision will be made in a week or so, whats the stock level like?

Ok lads,
    Almost finished the house & hate trawling through various shops shops looking for deals so.........

Whats the best price on the 60" Lg bearing in mind;
    http://www.saverstore.com/product/20047156/28043480/LG-Infinia-60PK590-60-Plasma-TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B003FMSIWM/ref=asc_df_B003FMSIWM658024?ie=UTF8&condition=new&tag=geizhals07-21&creative=7978&creativeASIN=B003FMSIWM&linkCode=asm ;)

Plus a LG 47" 47lh3000
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/47lh3000/lg-47lh3000

Also' why is it HD ready on your site & Full HD on Amazon?:confused:?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-47LH3000-47-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B001V5ISQG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=A2EKTRM2F5T1MD&s=generic&qid=1274451988&sr=1-3

........plus a LG 22" M227WD
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/m227wd/lg-m227wd

That'll all go nicely with the Pioneer A/V & bluray I bought a while back, if the price is right :D

Thanks lads, swayed towards the Lg (if the price can be worked on ;))

Decision will be made in a week or so, whats the stock level like?

HBx,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the 60PK590 is in stock (It's really beautiful - I was playing with it yesterday and it looks really sexy - I just cannot believe how slim it is for a 60" Plasma) The best Boardie price I could do is £1479.95
    Also' why is it HD ready on your site & Full HD on Amazon??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-47LH3000-...4451988&sr=1-3
    16-05-2010 22:17 ?

This model is £599.95 and is also available from stock and yep you are correct - it's full 1080P HD. (but it's not a patch on the 590).

Thanks again and please keep me posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

John, see edit...your too quick for a Friday.

590 is for a sitting room, 60" for cinema room & 22" for CCTV.
    I also have a living room thats crying out for an Ambilight but budget at the minute is a bit stretched :rolleyes:

John, see edit...your too quick for a Friday.

590 is for a sitting room, 60" for cinema room & 22" for CCTV.
    I also have a living room thats crying out for an Ambilight but budget at the minute is a bit stretched :rolleyes:

OK Hbx,

I have checked out the competition and Amazon don't deliver to Ireland, Saverstore are charging £145 for delivery of the 60" to the South so we are still cheaper - here is a composite price for the bundle...

M227
    47LH3000
    60PK590
    £2159.95 for the three.

ATB,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hbuxtd

have a gander at these -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/lightingpage.htm

These are our LivingColour range of LED Ambient lights - very cool they are as well.

A great way of creating a nice lighting effect in your Home Cinema room.

I personally have one of the Mini Living Colours positioned behind a small TV in a beadroom at home it gives really nice effect when watching TV at night, dont need anyother light on in the room.

Might be something to consider for your room.
    i have them all on demo in The Philips Shop.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.