Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French in College

Options
  • 11-05-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I enjoy french at school(despite my teacher) and i would be a good B sort of student. i just wanna know what its like in college. i find all the grammar a bit annoying though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

hokeypokey wrote: »
    I enjoy french at school(despite my teacher) and i would be a good B sort of student. i just wanna know what its like in college. i find all the grammar a bit annoying though...

Its not easy to be honest. I did BBS+French.

I went to France twice, once for co-op and once to work for a summer.... I have very good French now.

If you do, do French in college you should defo go on Erasmus and Co-op !!! Make sure they are options for you whereever you choose to study it.

UL is a great place to learn it... especially now there is a brand new language resource area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I do BBS+French. I'm doing voluntary work in Lourdes this summer and will be going to Aix next year on Erasmus.

If you are a HL B standard, you would be fine in my course.

What kind of French course are you thinking of as a matter of fact? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hmm well I got a C1 in honours german in the LC (capable of a lot more...) and am now doing BBS & German, found it kinda hard in 1st year but I got into it, spent a semester on erasmus in Austria and now have no problem with the German.

Just work at it and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭hokeypokey

What kind of French course are you thinking of as a matter of fact? :p

Well i was thinking business or law, but would like to do english and history, but i'm not sure if arts is really the way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lis__2010

Ive applied for the languages with concurrent teacher training! Does anyone know what the course is like?

• Advertisement
Advertisement