Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MM_openBrWindow

Options
  • 11-05-2010 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

i have a page that makes use of the MM_openBrWindow function.

It works fine on firefox and chrome, but doesnt work at all in IE 6 7 or 8.
    It just says that there is an error at line 29, char 3 which is this,

23 <script type="text/JavaScript">
    24 <!--
    25 function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
    26 window.open(theURL,winName,features);
    27 }
    28 //-->
    29 </script>

It is being called here
    <a href="javascript:;" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('wedding-brochure.html','wedding brochure','scrollbars=yes,width=600,height=800')">Wedding brochure</a>

any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

yupyup7up wrote: »
    Hi all,

i have a page that makes use of the MM_openBrWindow function.

It works fine on firefox and chrome, but doesnt work at all in IE 6 7 or 8.
    It just says that there is an error at line 29, char 3 which is this,

23 <script type="text/JavaScript">
    24 <!--
    25 function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
    26 window.open(theURL,winName,features);
    27 }
    28 //-->
    29 </script>

It is being called here
    <a href="javascript:;" onclick="MM_openBrWindow('wedding-brochure.html','wedding brochure','scrollbars=yes,width=600,height=800')">Wedding brochure</a>

any ideas? thanks

I would hazard a guess that the "winName" parameter cannot have a space or word-wrap, which it appears to have based on what you posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess that the "winName" parameter cannot have a space or word-wrap, which it appears to have based on what you posted.

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the reply. No that does not fix the issue. There isnt any word wrap in the code and i replaced the space with a hyphen to no avail.

I think well just replace it we a light box. thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Remove the hyphen from winName and try again, this seems to work for me.

That function looks totally unnecessary by the way, it's just replicating the native window.open function and accepting the same number of parameters in the same order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

yupyup7up wrote: »
    Hi Liam,

Thanks for the reply. No that does not fix the issue. There isnt any word wrap in the code and i replaced the space with a hyphen to no avail.

I think well just replace it we a light box. thanks anyway!

It probably can't cope with a hyphen either, parsing it as "wedding" [minus] "brochure".

The best option for variable names is to use "camelCase", using "weddingBrochure" as the variable.

Advertisement