Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 2 weeks Work

Options
  • 11-05-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know anyone that might need me for 2 weeks work? Need money and not going to start work until the 1st June. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Might help if you said what you can do, and I don't mean that in a sarky way. That way people could make you offers of work and you could negotiate pay.

If you are not looking for pay then you could try to do what two mates and I are doing on and off at present. All of us lost jobs, so as one extra way to occupy ourselves we help out with the painting of houses and gardening for older folk we know or our parents know.

We don't take any money for it as the people go and buy themselves whatever paint etc they want or whatever plants they want planted.

All we get out of it is sandwiches and tea, and it gives us a good way to kill some of the extra time unemployment has presented us with.

Volunteer work is another way to keep busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Its not keeping busy I want, its hard cash I want.

I am able bodied which is the best thing I can say. Happy to stocktake a shop, work in a factory, warehouse, sit in an office. Im not bothered so long as it pays and is only temporary.

Driving would suit me down to the ground. Delivering flowers etc, not takeaways because I don't have a car.

This is just something to pay the bills for the next 2.5 weeks until I start work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Best of luck Berty - Will PM if I hear of anything..........

Are you off to Scotland?

(Did I pick that up right somewhere?)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Raiser wrote: »
    Best of luck Berty - Will PM if I hear of anything..........

Are you off to Scotland?

(Did I pick that up right somewhere?)

Not quite. Office is in Scotland but I will be based in munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    Its not keeping busy I want, its hard cash I want.

I am able bodied which is the best thing I can say. Happy to stocktake a shop, work in a factory, warehouse, sit in an office. Im not bothered so long as it pays and is only temporary.

Driving would suit me down to the ground. Delivering flowers etc, not takeaways because I don't have a car.

This is just something to pay the bills for the next 2.5 weeks until I start work.

Congrats on the new job, with luck somebody on here will have something to keep you busy until the new job starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

best of luck Berty, hope someon shows up with some work for you.
    Congrads on the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Kess73 wrote: »
    Might help if you said what you can do, and I don't mean that in a sarky way. That way people could make you offers of work and you could negotiate pay.

If you are not looking for pay then you could try to do what two mates and I are doing on and off at present. All of us lost jobs, so as one extra way to occupy ourselves we help out with the painting of houses and gardening for older folk we know or our parents know.

We don't take any money for it as the people go and buy themselves whatever paint etc they want or whatever plants they want planted.

All we get out of it is sandwiches and tea, and it gives us a good way to kill some of the extra time unemployment has presented us with.

Fair play - Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Kess73 wrote: »

Wouldn't ya imagine that any job Applicant that can say he filled his unemployment time doing this would be worth very serious consideration - speaks volumes on your ethics and character IMO.

Fair play to ya Kess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Ya, kudo's to you and your mates Kess.

Advertisement