Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog barking at people hugging

Options
  • 11-05-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

I know it is another dog braking thread but was wondering if anyone could help.
    Whenever anybody in my house hug each other my yorkie Leeloo barks at them. I get the feeling it is because she thinks they are fighting. It doesn't happen when it is a particular person or anything like that. Sometimes she tries to get in between aswell.

Was wondering if anybody has experienced this and any idea on how to stop it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭lisar201

Beekay wrote: »
    I know it is another dog braking thread but was wondering if anyone could help.
    Whenever anybody in my house hug each other my yorkie Leeloo barks at them. I get the feeling it is because she thinks they are fighting. It doesn't happen when it is a particular person or anything like that. Sometimes she tries to get in between aswell.

Was wondering if anybody has experienced this and any idea on how to stop it?

My rottie does this if i hug or kiss my partner,she starts barking and trys to get in the middle of us and starts licking us i think she feels left out!! Does your dog bark in an agressive way or playful because it could just be a case of her wanting to join in!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Probably jealousy and possessiveness..

Our wee JRT/Basset Cross goes ballistic if she sees me petting the collie. Jealous wee hound muscles in fast....

Only way to stop her is to pet her too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Sounds like jealousy/wanting some cuddles too! My dogs will push each other out of the way for cuddles.

Advertisement