Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary schools grinds

Options
  • 11-05-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Is there a demand for giving grinds to primary school children in Donegal?
    If so would you suggest one-to-one grinds or group grinds???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Orion101

Hello Dunna,

I'm not speaking from experience but I suspect the demand would be considerably lower than for the junior cert, and that the demand for the junior cert grinds would be considerably less than for the leaving cert.

It's no harm advertising of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Orion101 wrote: »
    Hello Dunna,

I'm not speaking from experience but I suspect the demand would be considerably lower than for the junior cert, and that the demand for the junior cert grinds would be considerably less than for the leaving cert.

It's no harm advertising of course.

"grinds"? Some kind of cramming?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Orion101

It's an torture technique which draws from Mayan/Roman practices. Basically the practitioner is paid to teach a kid things they really don't care about : )

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Orion101 wrote: »
    It's an torture technique which draws from Mayan/Roman practices. Basically the practitioner is paid to teach a kid things they really don't care about : )

But that is what most ordinary teaching is about.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

dunna wrote: »
    Is there a demand for giving grinds to primary school children in Donegal?
    If so would you suggest one-to-one grinds or group grinds???

I would imagine that there would be a bit of demand alright. At primary level, what you'd be talking about are children who'd need some extra help with English or Maths, due to a long absence or maybe a special need. I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting groups though.

And another thing - be careful with advertising. Revenue are always keeping an eye out, so contacting schools or word-of-mouth or maybe even a parish newsletter would be a better bet. There are also after-school and homework clubs who are sometimes looking for external people to help out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement