Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spots On Tattoo

• 11-05-2010 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Got some new ink a few weeks ago and i seem to have developed a few spots on and around the tattoo, just look like normal pimples/whiteheads whatever you choose to call them.

Coincidence or could there be more to it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

my brother had something similar although they were more like hives, got them each time he was tattooed...do not pick them and they should heel up and not mark your new tattoo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Got the same after my last one... I blame the Aquaphor ointment, so have switched to a lotion which is doing the trick. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

NikNakOoo wrote: »
    Got the same after my last one... I blame the Aquaphor ointment, so have switched to a lotion which is doing the trick. :)

Ya my tattooist said that the ointment could cause spots if it was put on 2 heavily but they only seem to have appeared in the past few days (3 weeks since the tattoo was done), i stopped using the ointment when the skin started looking dry/flaking and changed 2 E45 lotion (after about 8-9 days).

Its pretty much healed and looking really well :D except for the few spots :(

Advertisement