Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

force progressive on ps2???

Options
  • 11-05-2010 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

Im having a bit of a predicament here, currently running my ps2 on a hdtv and it looks like ass, im using a component cable and hdloader is running off a memory card since my dvd is more a less shot at this stage,

I can run in progressive mode for any game or homebrew that supports it but there arent many, I have the xploder hdtv player which is ok but there is a problem with it and hdloader so it wont boot from the hdd or run off the disk, its useless, is there any homebrew app that would do the same thing? or is there anyway to force the ps2 into progressive mode automatically on every single boot.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

Did you try setting the "Component Video Out" settings to Y Pb Br in the "System Configuration" menu?

Regarding the HDloader/Xploder issue; Are you always brought back to the Hdloader screen? It could be an issue with the fact that HDloader nor Xploder are officially endorsed by SONY and because of this they share the same generic disc ID e.g. SLES_502.15

Let me know how you get on!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_HD_support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

yup i have that setting on, i cant boot xploder from the hdd at all, it just black screens the console,no other way to boot it since i have no dvd drive

The Xploder/HdLoader issue is well documented as a "no goer" and Xploder will only work from the DVD drive. When Xploder is ran from the MC or USB, there is a boot/reboot confliction; for want of a better term. All I can suggest is getting the drive fixed, replaced or fix it yourself. A replacement drive will cost about 15Eur.

Does the DVD drive click? or does it just struggle to run discs?

• If it struggles a lot, just turn the PS2 on its side; the upright position, and try to load the Xploder Disc. Failing that, the laser will need to be adjusted and that little job is time consuming.
    • If it is clicking! That is a simple fix, get the screwdriver out!

adjusted it a few times but its finally bit the bullet.

I have a spare PS2 with a laser that is on its way out if you want it? For free! It should get you to the end of summer.

• Advertisement

sure, PM me and we can arrange collection or somthing.

I just tried to fire it up and the DVD drive won't load up any of the games. Let me know if you still want it or not. If not it's going in the adverts freebie section.

Sorry about that.

yeah ill still take it, im sure the rest of my ps2 will eventually die so nice to have some spares

Advertisement