Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazils 23 man Squad - no Ronnie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Shocked and dissapointed Pato aint in the squad, surely he would have been great to at least have as an impact player from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

excellent article from the guardian.cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Anyone else secretly devastated that ronaldo didn't make it? I knew it would be a serious fairytale but I guess it wasn't to be.

Julio Ceasar

Lucio

Maicon
    Bastos/R. Carlos!

Melo/Silva

Kaka---Diego----Ronaldinho

Robinho----Ronaldo---Fabiano---

Now that would be entertaining :D (and if they really need a goal just bring Adriano on for melo/silva)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Michel Bastos was a surprise call up, I thought Real Madrid's Marcelo might have piped him to the leftback spot.

I think Dunga should have brought Pato, even if he wasn't in his intimidate first team plans, it would have been dead handy to have a young player of that calibre on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

No diego either bloody hell thats shocking. No Pato/Ronaldinho/Ronaldo/Diego.

Ive already made my mind up I dont want Brazil to do well. Fair enough if their going to be well drilled and solid....but I look forward to the samba soccer and flair of players such as Diego and Ronaldinho.

Meh!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Have you seen Fabiano's goal scoring record for Brazil?

Poor man's David Healy, TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Poor man's David Healy, TBH.

soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Their midfield is the second best after Spain's IMO. It's very well balanced.
    It'd be comfortably the best in the tournament if they'd brought Lucas. Silly Dunga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

A friend of mine got Fabiano at 40/1 for top scorer. Bet of the century surely.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

flahavaj wrote: »
    A friend of mine got Fabiano at 40/1 for top scorer. Bet of the century surely.:eek:
    Its a good price in relation to what it is now, but its only bet of the century if it comes in, and I strongly doubt it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Jammy (or lying) bastardo! Best odds I've seen have been 14/1 on Betfair.....Paddy Power, William Hill etc are offering 9/1 or 10/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Raekwon wrote: »
    Jammy (or lying) bastardo! Best odds I've seen have been 14/1 on Betfair.....Paddy Power, William Hill etc are offering 9/1 or 10/1.

Not sure how/when/where he got it, but seems imposibly long odds to me for the main striker of the second favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

CSF wrote: »
    No way, can't have that at all. Think England, France, Portugal, and Holland all beat them on that count. Probably Argentina too. If I'm picking a side full of less world-class players, but a strong side with good organisation I'm going with Italy or Germany.
    Argentina's midfield? Balanced?
    Vokes wrote: »
    He's been pretty much in every one of Dunga's squads from day 1 though, right?
    Nope. He hasn't been called up at all recently. Maybe not since he joined Juve.

joe123 wrote: »
    No diego either bloody hell thats shocking. No Pato/Ronaldinho/Ronaldo/Diego.
    It's not shocking at all if you've been following them under Dunga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not sure how/when/where he got it, but seems imposibly long odds to me for the main striker of the second favourites.

Its probably a paired Winner / Top Scorer bet for Brazil / Fabiano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

I'd say you misheard.......

40/1 for Fabiano NOT to score in the WC :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

cesar - maicon - lucio - luisao - bastos -
    g.silva - melo - ramires - kaka - fabiano - robinho

team for all brazil WC matches

@ raekwon .... bastos is in the squad to fill the left back slot
    ive no idea what happened to andre santos who used to play LB ????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I can't believe Ronaldinho isn't in the squad. Ok he might not be quite the genius he was a few years ago, but this season he showed glimpses of the old magic. (for example he was brilliant against United in Milan). And let's be honest, even at 70% he's still better than most. How they can pick Elano ahead of him is mind-boggling. I fear these world cup squad announcements are just going to annoy me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Raekwon wrote: »

Fabiano is 25/1 with PP as of this moment. 14/1 on Betfair.

/puts a bank-breaking 50 cent each way on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Catenaccio!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It'd be comfortably the best in the tournament if they'd brought Lucas. Silly Dunga.

And Lucas would replace who?

Although I'm presuming you're taking the piss now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Surprized at this squad and dissapointed. Ronaldinho hasn't been the best lately no, but that midfield is light in attack and too reliant on Kaka, he could of at least been a back up he does have the class just not the motivation it seems. Robinho has been good at Santos this season so I knew he'd be in.

Adriano being left out is a good choice, his head like always is all over the place and he is a liability.

Can't believe he left out Pato , Diego and Neymar young creative players, Neymar has alot to prove on the world stage but it's important to get your best young players involved in the big tounaments early and he has been on fire in the Brazilian league this season, really skillfull playmaker forward. Pato should have gone no excuses, they will pay for this selection I guarantee it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I was looking for ages for the 30 man squad but couldn't find it did find the players who are on stand by though
    Nice to see new spurs midfielder on stand by hopefully a good sign of things to come :) pato not even on stad by I was surprised by that.

The other standby players announced later to round out the 30-man squad were Alex of Chelsea, Sandro of Internacional, Marcelo of Real Madrid, Paulo Henrique Ganso of Santos, Carlos Eduardo of Hoffenheim and Diego Tardelli of Atletico Mineiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Its not a team to entertain, its a team to win the World Cup. Well we'll see how they work as a team. You never know it could be free flowing attacking football. :eek:

Advertisement