Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

another eagle poisoned

Options
  • 11-05-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

yep again another eagle has been poisoned in kerry .

a carcass laced with poison .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

WTF why do they do it they are Beautiful Birds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

jwshooter wrote: »
    yep again another eagle has been poisoned in kerry .

a carcass laced with poison .

Disgraceful poison is like a land mine, in discriminate in what it kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I've said the same in another thread but I'll repeat it here : the eagle probably wasn't the target of the poisoned bait but the bottom line is that meat bait is illegal. If you have a problem with foxes and crows which probably is the origins of the poison that killed the eagle shoot them or trap them or get someone to do it for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Just seen it on the news. Disgraceful. Whatever the reason, its disgraceful.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

This really really pisses me off. How these people even consider themselves farmers i don't no cowboys more like it. Sickens me to the stomach..:mad::mad::mad:

Stunning bird
    sea-eagle-the-photo-award_0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Why dont they put them in traps so the Eagles cant get to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

the news report was a little strange , the broadcaster had the name of the poison used ,before tests have been done .

A IFA spokes man said the farmers in the area should be better educated .

my last thread on this was locked ,i sent the mod that locked it a pm at the time stating he was wrong to lock it as it would be only be a matter of time before another one is killed .

if the thread was open more people would read it and this will stop . other raptors apart from eagles suffer the same faith .

the education of farmers/hunters is so important ,to the use of these none species pacific ways of dealing with there problems .

some one in the farming forum should also open a thread on this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

the education of farmers/hunters is so important ,to the use of these none species pacific ways of dealing with there problems .

The educational aspect is commendable JW, and something I agree with. The trouble will come when an individual from either side stirs the pot intentionally. Ho-hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Both Eagle projects in Kerry and Donegal now need to be wound up since releasing any more birds in these areas is tantemount to animal cruelty such is the escalating extent of the problem. It is indeed a sad state of affairs that these magnficient creatures look set to become extinct for a second time in this country at the hands of a small number of pig ignorant scumbags. Even worse is the fact that the problem appears to be growing in other parts of the country as well with increasing reports of dead buzzards, ravens and Red Kites over the last month from counties like Kildare, Meath and Waterford etc. It appears that the bad old days of the past when poisons like strchnine etc. were scattered up and down the Irish countryside indiscrimently killing everything from endangered wildlife to pets is back with a vengence. Sadly it appears that the billions of EU taxpayers money spent on schemes like REPS appear to have failed badly in this case at least and more generally in attitudes to some of the most magnficient elements of our natural heritage:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

johngalway wrote: »
    The educational aspect is commendable JW, and something I agree with. The trouble will come when an individual from either side stirs the pot intentionally. Ho-hum.

is that post as a farmer,hunter or mod ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

That post is from me ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

As interesting as this thread is, it has very little to do with shooting.

This is a forum for talking about shooting, not for shooters to talk about anything.

Perhaps the Nature & Bird Watching forum would be more suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's a fine line you're looking to walk along there jw. Might I suggest taking a step back before we all fall off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement