Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chipper in Laois

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    been eating out of it on and off for 8 years now and havent noticed any difference in chips.....

not sure about the new management either, mostly same faces still around.

Those same faces are the new management. Have you not noticed the lack of italians in the place? A previous staff member has seeminly taken over the running of the place. Personally think the food is rotten now, maybe its the lack of the italian touch:p

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

the Copper Kettle in Durrow.
    hand crafted burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Best chips - Capri Grill Abbeyleix
    Burgers - Golden Grill
    Chicken - Copper Kettle, Durrow

Not sure what people are on about in the capri grill. People have been the same for years and there are defo Italians still working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

kizzyf wrote: »
    Burgers - Golden Grill

Not sure what people are on about in the capri grill. People have been the same for years and there are defo Italians still working there.

Their chips are fcuking wretched. Got them one night on the way back from a disco in Cullahill(:o) about a year ago and I couldn't eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

kizzyf wrote: »
    Burgers - Golden Grill

I said the some of the old staff have taken over the running of the palce, check out the management sign on the wall. The new name on it is one of the older (as in there years) staff ladies names. Old italian names removed.
    The Itzies(sp) were the italian family that ran it, they are still in abbeyleix, but havent seen them in there in a long time, or around town for that matter. The italian girl that does be in there is a relation of the original italian family, not family hereself per se. Rosa I think.
    Course could be wrong. Either way imo the food is pox in it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Zam Zam all the way man!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ninos number 1, Golden Grill number 2.
    Donies is the worst in PortLaois.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

The golden grill in Mountmellick and portlaois,and francesco's.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gtturbokid

donnies is rotten !! full stop well when your sober that is golden grill is the job:D

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

had a bag eof chips out of Capri Grill in abbeyleix yesterday and its the first time ive ever found it horrible. I wonder if theres sometimes a change of product???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i would normally eat out of it once a week and have always loved it... ill put it down to just a bad bag...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Taking back my vote on Mario's in Mountrath, it's gone to the dogs lately

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

I know i'm gonna get shot down for this but my favourite chipper food bar none is garlic and cheese chips from supermacs, their drinks are rotten though, 95% water i'd say. Overall though golden grill gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Lol. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Boo-urns.

Mario's is epic and so are the lads that work there!:D
    They teach us Italian.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stradlaois

Arch in stradbally you will not get better value and service anywhere in the county:p

Advertisement