Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't do certain things?

• 11-05-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if someone could help me with this. For a while I've been unable to do certain things. I can't upload videos to youtube, pictures to facebook/photobucket, log onto windows live messenger or access the itunes store in itunes.

Anyone know what it could be? I keep getting network error messages when trying to do these things. I also have to make sure that this box is checked before my computer will connect to the internet. Anyone have any ideas?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭antocann

have you tried turning off virus protection , sumtimes it causes it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yep, turned off firewall and anti-virus and nothing.

when was the last time it worked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

For wireless use a on demand connection-not automatic. Make sure that the router is broadcasting the SSID, not hiding it. FYI the default eircom zyxel modem is a piece of ****e-im using a netgear modem now which is much better.

Today some people here like myself have noticed slow down with eircom today.

antocann wrote: »
    when was the last time it worked?

I had to re-install windows and it was fine before that. Worked for about 2 weeks after re-installing and then just stops. I can connect normally and do all those things when logged is as another user on the computer.
    mehmeh12 wrote: »
    For wireless use a on demand connection-not automatic. Make sure that the router is broadcasting the SSID, not hiding it. FYI the default eircom zyxel modem is a piece of ****e-im using a netgear modem now which is much better.

Ta, will try that now. The connection itself is fine once connected.

Edit: Yep, all that is on but nothing.

• Advertisement

try a system restor , back to the last time it worked

antocann wrote: »
    try a system restor , back to the last time it worked

Nope, gave that a try there but no luck. I think I'll just pop my files onto a memory stick and set up another user. Thanks a lot for your help though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

another user on the same pc? if so theres no need for the usb stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

mehmeh12 wrote: »

yeh had a 1 hour DSL downage with eircom yesterday in my area whole exchange was gone down and for half a houur the day before !!

Advertisement