Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how late can u register to do subject?

Options
  • 11-05-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

probably too late now but would like to do a language in leaving cert at lower or foundation level as i need it to apply for certain state jobs. Can i register now(prob not) and if not then how do i register to sit them next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'm not sure if it's too late now but i'd say it is due to orals and the likes.But i'd say sitting it next year wouldn't be a problem.All you do is apply to the examination board like you did this year but you only put down the one subject.then you justsit that subject in june and proviede you pass you can use it for matriculation purposes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's too late for this year.
    For next year, apply to the State Examinations Commission as an external candidate. The closing date will be late January 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

probably too late now but would like to do a language in leaving cert at lower or foundation level as i need it to apply for certain state jobs.

Is it irish? Just be aware if you are in no panic to sit it in 2011, there is a new irish syllabus which will be examined for the first time in 2012 which gives more (40%) for the oral than the 2011 exam will. So if your strength lies in speaking rather than writing, or you would prefer to do the updated syllabus, something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The only language offered at Foundation Level is Irish.

Advertisement