Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An odd question for someone living in france

Options
  • 11-05-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This may sound like an odd question. I have that was recieved from an old family friend we lost contact with and it was posted from france.

They forgot to include a return address however which means I am unable to reply.

In an effort to track them down I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is anyway I could find the town or area they live in using the postmark stamped on the envelope by La Poste?

Any help with this would be great!!!

Thanks alot

Marc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You probably could. Use this website: http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/trouverunnom/RecherchePagesBlanchesAvancee.do?portail=PJ

Where it says "Modes de recherches" click "détaillé".

You can put in the surname (nom) and first name (prénom), and then put in the postcode in the field "localité".

If that doesn't give a result, remove the postcode from localite and put the first two numbers of the postcode in the field "Département ou région". This will cover if they posted it in another place in their county that has a different postcode (the first two numbers represent the département/county).

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Thanks for the advice but the post mark is not the same as the post code.

Its longer. I think its 2 digits longer then a french postcode.

Its stamped on the letter from the originating sorting office I think.

Ill try your advice anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

what is the post mark ?

Advertisement