Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muslims in Sweden

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

More in English if anyone cares to read.

Vilks, who has been the subject of numerous death threats, was attacked while speaking at the university’s philosophy faculty on Tuesday afternoon. He was not badly hurt.
    “The man was sitting in the front row and suddenly came rushing towards me. He headbutted me, and I was thrown against the wall and dropped my glasses,” he said.

I think you're exaggerating.
    Anyway, I think you are trolling posting inflammatory stuff in this forum. What do you think? Did you hope to convert someone with that OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

I'm not a Muslim Slusk but came across this thread, so I thought hey why not google What the word Islam means and this is what I came up with.
    Seems a bit different to your interpretation though.

Islam is the religion of Muslims, based upon the teachings of Muhammed during the 7th century, and the second largest of the world's religions in number of believers.

Islam is a "religious system of belief revealed by Muhammad", the last Prophet of Allah (the one and true God). From the Arabic meaning "surrender", Islam is centered on the sacred scripture of the Qu'ran (Koran). The religious obligations of all Muslims are summed up in the Five Pillars of Islam, which include belief in God and his Prophet and obligations of prayer, charity, pilgrimage, and fasting. The laws of Islam cover all aspects of daily life and are codified in the Law, or Shari'ah.

The majority of Muslims belong to one of two major denominations, the Sunni and Shi'a. The term Shi'a usually refers to the largest subgroup within the Shi'a (known as "Twelvers" or Ithnā'ashariyyah' ) who share many of the practices of the Sunni. The groups originally split over the succession of Muhammad and now disagree mainly over the application of the Hadith, the narratives of Muhammad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

The Swede's take messing to a whole different level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

I understand and know there is a lot of anger towards Muslims and In no way am I defending the actions of men Slusk. Though religion being one of many reasons for war and often used as an excuse. But we can look at south america, invaded by Christians and subjugated to indecent human suffering and so on so forth. It is a common theme in the world, but to blame your situation on all muslims seems just fanatic really.

Recently I had the joy of travelling throughout Indonesia which has the largest Muslim populationin the world today and I have to say with my hand on my Heart I couldnt have come across a more nicer and genuine loving people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

SLUSK wrote: »
    This proves yet again that Muslims are nothing but violents savages.

It proves that SOME muslims are nothing but violents savages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Swedish cartonist Lars Vilks was assaulted by Muslims. http://www.unt.se/uppsala/unt-tv-vilks-overfallen-i-uppsala-932797.aspx <Snip>

Just like all Irish are alcoholic, god-fearing catholics with ginger hair and who adore the shpuds?

Way to not only generalise an entire religion, but to be a complete and utter bigot at the same time. Shame on you. I thought you'd be more civilised. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Swedish cartonist Lars Vilks was assaulted by Muslims. http://www.unt.se/uppsala/unt-tv-vilks-overfallen-i-uppsala-932797.aspx <Snip>

You may not like a particular religion...but why come to the Islam forum purely to incite hatred?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

OP is obviously trolling but a serious reaction anyway:

i think a lot of Irish people would find this kind of attack outrageous and be interested to hear Muslim perspectives on it, and I'm sure this type of thing has already been discussed here before.

I don't believe in violent extremism whatever creed it comes under, and I despise that writers/cartoonists/anyone should have to face the threat of violence or death for expressing themselves, or even for simply portraying Mohammed.

However I have a few muslim friends and acquaintances who are across the scale in terms of how traditional they are with their faith/culture, and it would never enter my head to associate this kind of act with them then it would to associate the bombing of abortion clinics in the US with any christians I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

This thread is going nowhere, it doesn't contribute to any kind of sensible discussion on Islam, which is the purpose of this forum. Also the OP has been banned. I'm closing it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement